Page 644 of 968 FirstFirst ... 630640642643644645646648658 ... LastLast
Results 6,431 to 6,440 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Both of these things are probable.

The Ohio law prohibiting abortions in cases where a heartbeat is perceptible, which can happen six weeks in, will likely go to the Supreme Court within a year. It will likely be upheld. That's pretty close to an outright abortion ban for any state who wants to adopt one.
    I'm not convinced yet. I'm not saying we shouldn't be vigilant and such, but I think we have a long road ahead of us before RvW is completely overturned. And hey, if in a year I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But we've had more ideologically conservative supreme courts since, and it survived.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Yeah, you're wrong. Hell they already have the law in Iowa they specifically passed to try to attack roe vs wade again and now its chances of actually overturning it have vastly improved. Expect to see a lot more similar laws in red states in the coming months.
    Last edited by bbobb; 03 Jul 2018 at 10:19 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. They call them Trigger Laws. Which is just delightful.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. States need to not ban abortion. If that happens, Dr. Rusty Hooke & his back-alley abortion clinics will be back in business. Women seeking one for whatever reason should not lose the option to have it done by a real doctor.
    Amy Coney Barrett? She's a fave of Trump's, so she's got to be a real dog. No Coney Dog on the Supreme Court, please.

"Pour over my tweets"? LOL. What a Badd Spellar. Maybe he needed to pour himself some regular coffee instead of decaf before hitting the keyboard!

5. Dr. Deletus

Annihilate your fetus.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Show me a good one.
    Show me a good Democrat or Republican.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    I'm just hoping that the "fuck me over twice, shame on me" group will vote for the Democrat challenger rather than a 3rd party.
    Do they even have anyone? Obama and Bill Clinton were the lone standouts in decades of feeble Democratic candidates. Aside from them, the last strong candidate the left had for president was Bobby Kennedy. They are so bad at nominating strong people.

8. They're a bad party. They're a bad, shitty party with absolutely no vision.

As for Roe v. Wade, there's not going to be a date we can point to to say, "That's when Roe v Wade was over" or, "That's the day the abortion bans happened." It's going to be a series of states advancing restrictions like the OH heartbeat law that passed state congress, like the TX law mandating that clinics have 8'-wide hallways and that no abortion be performed outside of a 30-mile radius from a hospital. If that case goes to the SC today instead of mid-2016, the ruling goes the other way, and states would have a way to prohibit abortions at any clinic that doesn't meet hospital-level building regulations, which is just about all of them. The Planned Parenthoods I've seen are small buildings in urban areas that do not have 8'-wide hallways. Abortions at these Planned Parenthoods--just about every Planned Parenthood--would be over in any state who wants to end them.

Laws like these will continue to be passed, but now the SCOTUS rulings will go the other way. It's already incredibly difficult for women to get abortions in much of the country. Sure, abortions will be readily available and affordable in the populated areas of CA, NY, MA, etc., but it they will become impossible in the states where they're already extremely hard to get. And those states happen to be the huge ones, making state lines difficult to cross, and even if you do cross them, there's usually another like-minded anti-choice state waiting across the border.

It's difficult to overstate just how real this threat is.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 04 Jul 2018 at 12:17 PM.

9. Hey so in addition to the GOP meeting with Russia, now we have Trump meeting with Putin one-on-one without aides

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis....-aides-present

I wonder what's happening there

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Show me a good Democrat or Republican.
    While I didn't agree with him on every single thing, Obama was damn good IMO. Should Michelle run for President, I'd vote for her.
    A good Republican? I just can't.