Page 430 of 968 FirstFirst ... 416426428429430431432434444 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    It amazes me that anyone liked Gary Johnson.

Seriously, I've hated that anyone gave Trump the time of day since he started trolling in the primaries, but put him next to Johnson and Trump at least has a semblance of understanding a voter base. Johnson was probably convinced to run because he was already high to the moon and he never came down throughout the campaign.
    Trump doesn't really understand anything, least of all government. This fucking idiot thought that the stock market going up cancelled out the deficit. Because he comes from real estate, and when your property values on your go up, you can refinance and pay off the mortgage, so of course America is a house and that's how it works. He's as dumb as any elected official has ever been.

Johnson is also a naive idiot. Part of me likes how naked his worldview is, though. It's basically just "I create macro level policy based on micro-level hypotheticals because I have no ability to comprehend statistics or the way policy affects groups, rather than just individuals." To some extent, I do think collectivism vs individualism is the crux of left vs right, and Johnson kind of makes that really clear, and shows how stupid it really is.

Collectivism is all fine and good until you're told no.

Of course that could be said for many forms of government.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 09 Nov 2017 at 11:57 AM.

3. So Tulsi Gabbard is going to be the first female president right?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Lovely how the Tangerine Dream takes the word of an ex-KGB agent over that of his own intelligence agencies. He doesn't want to talk about it anymore because it's insulting to Putin. But calling military intelligence a group of liars on Veteran's Day isn't.

What a gigantic piece of shit.

Then again, I'm sure he's only trying to keep his master happy.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    So Tulsi Gabbard is going to be the first female president right?
    If they're smart, they'll nominate her or Tammy Duckworth.

If they're not, they'll go with Elizabeth Warren, or someone else Trump can verbally wreck.

But let's be honest with ourselves. It's gonna be Hillary again.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. ??? Trump can't wreck anyone verbally, much less Elizabeth Warren. He's only got two tricks- "Rah Rah America" and "I'm rubber and you're glue."

Also, people really need to get over Hillary. She's over. It's done. She's not coming back.

7. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    ??? Trump can't wreck anyone verbally, much less Elizabeth Warren. He's only got two tricks- "Rah Rah America" and "I'm rubber and you're glue."

Also, people really need to get over Hillary. She's over. It's done. She's not coming back.
    It may not be your cup of tea, but his personal attacks were quite effective. Lyin' Ted, Low Energy Jeb, Little Marco, Crooked Hillary--they worked. They would work against Pocahontas, too. Poking fun of empty suits (and pantsuits) is quite enjoyable. At least Trump brings a sense of humor to the table.

Different story with Gabbard and Duckworth. Their backgrounds are sufficiently badass that they could shut him down pretty easily.

And no, Hillary isn't done yet. She's the de facto leader of her party, and her new PAC is proof positive that she's keeping the door open on running again in 2020. At the very least, she'll be an influential kingmaker. Fading away would be the best favor she could pay Democrats. But it's never been about her people or her country. It's always been about Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    It's gonna be Hillary again.
    Oh man, it’s going to be glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by James
    Also, Hillary really needs to get over Hillary. She's over. It's done. She's not coming back.
    FTFY
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. SLAYYY QWEEN SLAY!!!

She’s in the news every week. It’s like she’s the Democrats’ De facto Head of State.

She'll probably win again if she runs. Voter turn out will probably be the lowest it has ever been though. That or we might actually elect the third party like republicans should have this time.

I just don't see single issue conservative voters coming out if it is trump vs Hillary again. I think if they have to choose between the Trump they know they'll get and the BABY MURDER and GUN DESTROYER, they'll just lock up, get into the fetal postilion and cry and slobber in the floor.

I can't say I blame them however. Once again I ask, is Trump and Hillary really the best this country has to offer?