Page 702 of 968 FirstFirst ... 688698700701702703704706716 ... LastLast
Results 7,011 to 7,020 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Everyone should have a platform for expressing their ideas, just as the rest of us should be able to mock them for being fucking retarded.

2. I used to believe that. Let them have their platform, but not a commercial one. Fuck 'em. Infowars can have a web site and sell the supplements. MRAs can bitch and moan on private forums. What got us where we are now is letting that shit spill into YouTube (mostly) and the news.

EDIT: And, obviously, sharing that crap on FB/Twitter/whatever under the auspices of not policing things.
    Last edited by Calliander; 13 Sep 2018 at 10:17 AM.

3. But what do you do when it's the US president saying 3000 people didn't die in Puerto Rico, that it's just a political ploy to make him look bad, and this comes only a few hours from a category 5 storm making landfall on the Carolinas?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    This is also super important. Something about Rogan himself bothers me, though I haven't figured it out yet. Aside from that, Joust's point is key. I don't want pseudo-intellectuals like Peterson or conspiracy morons like Jones being treated like the things they say have value. They don't. Call it censorship if you want, but there's no reason to treat people with bad faith arguments fairly. The "marketplace of ideas" is nonsense. Opinions can still be shit these days, and just because someone presents theirs under the guise of civil discussion (and especially if they can articulate that argument well) doesn't make them less ridiculous or less deserving of mockery. The tone of an argument doesn't dictate its worth, but we've somehow let that become the case.
    It sets a destructive precedent though to assume knowledge is universal. Bad ideas, whatever they may be - flat earth, can not be known until they are tested and the worse the idea the eaiser it is to test. The real issue is the emotion attached to our ideas and ego. And some make the argument our emotions are a valid argument themselves. Maybe? But emotions are plastic and changing and more important the consequence of an issue rather than the cause.

Alex Jones’ and Joe Rogan’s Bad ideas should be shut down through argument and their emotions detached from the ideas, for their benefit and the benefit of those who may connect with them. But our current culture doesn’t care about that. What we want in the argument is the game, the sport, the score. We don’t really value knowledge.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Yeah, that's bullshit, fuck off.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    But what do you do when it's the US president saying 3000 people didn't die in Puerto Rico, that it's just a political ploy to make him look bad, and this comes only a few hours from a category 5 storm making landfall on the Carolinas?
    Kill him and get a new President? I truly don't care any more. Those second amendment people have one thing right: We need to rise up against this stupid government.

What should have happened back whenever? Twitter should have said, "Yeah, no," and shut him down with the birther shit. But Jack is part of this whole, "We aren't here to police the public square we created," group. We don't pay for Twitter, which means that we are the product, which means that they are fine with a product that includes dumb shit like President Trump etc. And make no mistake - Alex Jones got banned because he said something mean to Jack. They were happy with the time out "solution" before that. Facebook isn't worth discussing, as its collapse is imminent.

Dear FBI or whoever, my words are my own and do not reflect held views or opinions of anyone else on this forum.

7. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    But what do you do when it's the US president saying 3000 people didn't die in Puerto Rico, that it's just a political ploy to make him look bad
    I just read this. Un-fucking believable. This piece of shit is pure evil.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    This piece of shit is pure evil.
    I wish it was pure, traditional evil. But he just doesn't care. About anything. Not like, "I'm fresh out of fucks," exasperated. Apathetic evil?

9. Dumb evil?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. He's rooted in selfishness, which is why the R's love him. His selfishness aligns with theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!