Page 532 of 968 FirstFirst ... 518528530531532533534536546 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I’ve actually come around to carbon credits a bit more. They have problems (reallt poorly managed imo) but similar programs like fishery shares in the US have really helped the curb declining fish populations (if only Japan would take a clue).
    Do you see a correlation between your last statement and China and India (and other emerging economies) when it comes to carbon emission restrictions?
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Can't fix it all so fix nothing.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Can't fix it all so fix nothing.
    I would argue that putting your country at an economic disadvantage while other big countries aren’t playing along falls under the umbrella of “fix nothing.”
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    actual conservationism
    Funneling all resources into reanimating Teddy Roosevelt will mend our partisan gap.

5. The best part about the deleted Paul Ryan tweet is that he clearly thought a $59.99/year Costco membership covers whatever you get there. It's like reverse Lucille Bluth.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Do you see a correlation between your last statement and China and India (and other emerging economies) when it comes to carbon emission restrictions?
    Of course. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad idea. It just means we should help those economies transition. Incentives in trade deals would be good (another reason the TPP was shit imo). Culturally,

Wait, China signed a marquee deal in the Paris Accord promising to reduce carbon density based on its GDP growth. Essentially it’s a reduction of 65% by 2030 without hindering growth (which would mean no funding to invest in cleaner energy)
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 04 Feb 2018 at 12:50 AM.

7. So the Republicans are going to borrow 1 trillion dollars next year, way up from Obama’s last (because of tax cuts for the rich)

I thought that was the party of fiscal responsibility

Oh wait, no, just racism

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    The best part about the deleted Paul Ryan tweet is that he clearly thought a $59.99/year Costco membership covers whatever you get there. It's like reverse Lucille Bluth.
    With the gas savings she’s up a solid $19 on that subsidized Costco card. Movin on up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I would argue that putting your country at an economic disadvantage while other big countries aren’t playing along falls under the umbrella of “fix nothing.”
    Whatever. That doesn't really matter.

If people really cared, we could refuse to buy from countries that don't adhere to our labor laws. But we don't care. Or at least, we care more about paying $5.00 for a dvd 80s fun movie pack, instead of $7.50.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I’m getting back a lot more than $1.50 per week, and I’m not part of the wealthy elite. So far, Twitter habit aside, I’m very proud of the job my president has been doing.
    Wait a tic, are you even in the states?