Page 780 of 968 FirstFirst ... 766776778779780781782784794 ... LastLast
Results 7,791 to 7,800 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. My point isn't about the food. It's about what it represents to a large amount of people and how it's a poor choice for a political side to put their foot in their mouth and insult people for associating with a fast food meal. That's what Trump did even though the choice was odd. Doubly embarrassing for a party supposedly safeguarding the poor. Safeguarding but not understanding I guess.

I generally like fast food. I eat it probably once a year but I get why people love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. they should be more like Trump, with a penthouse of gold and his own jet

that is the true common man

people should just stick with Hilary not going to some states
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 17 Jan 2019 at 10:59 PM.

I'd I'm ever wealthy I'm going to do this. The images are just funny. I'm just not getting the outrage. It's funny. Like something the kid in BIG would do.

4. no one is outraged though

5. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    My point isn't about the food. It's about what it represents to a large amount of people and how it's a poor choice for a political side to put their foot in their mouth and insult people for associating with a fast food meal. That's what Trump did even though the choice was odd. Doubly embarrassing for a party supposedly safeguarding the poor. Safeguarding but not understanding I guess.
    Maybe no one's point is about the food, hmm? It's about the context around it.

If Trump associated with fast food meals by actually walking into a restaurant every now and then and getting down among the common people, I'd respect that. He never ever ever ever does that, though. He gets his interns to deliver him fast food on his plane, to his penthouse, to his mansion. I'm sure he's yelled at them for not having it waiting for him and plated just the way he likes it when he walks in.

Logistically, it's probably more of an imposition on the people around him to do this than for him to just have a meal made at or near where he actually is. Just like I'm sure it was more of an annoying production for a small army of White House employees to run around to several fast food joints, load up hundreds of fragile little cardboard boxes into their vehicles making sure everything stayed pristine for the photo op he wanted to do, and stage everything just so for that photo op, than it would have been to just use the WH's giant kitchen to whip up some buffet trays they could then carry one room over to the reception hall.

6. Yes I understand your intent to rebuke the president for the shutdown. The stronger message being sent is that the Whitehouse is where silver platters and sundried tomato garlic aoili's belong, not the common rabble food. The idea that government is full of ignorant elite is the main basis for Trump being in office. So it helps him. And hatred for the POTUS, much of it justified, doesn't translate and isn't useful here. It generally just means ridiculing the most widely accessible food to any middle and lower class Americans. It's a bad look.

I'd like the left to get another run in office in the next eight years. The continual display of ignorance towards a huge swath of the people they serve has me doubting and annoyed. Fool me once shame on you (Hilary losing). Fool me twice...
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. And yet these people are voting for people even more ignorant and "elite", people that work far more against their own interests? I'm talking about the 35% here, as everyone knows if an election were held today, Trump would not win (evidence A: record setting margin voting in the 2018 election)

so either:

this group of people is dumb as shit and it really doesn't matter what you do or
    this group of people likes it this way and it really doesn't matter what you do

the only people offended by people laughing at a cold fast food banquet are people just looking to be offended and are selectively offended, example 1 out of 5 billion, getting all uppity about a Dem rep saying "impeach the motherfucker" when referring to someone who has obviously crossed the line into "doing things impeachment worthy" versus tumbleweeds time when a Rep makes clearly racist comments and does racist things and continues to do so (and has for some time)

That group will keep voting this way, and those states/areas will keep falling further behind nationally--economically, educationally, etc

So I am not going to go "but fast food!", because if you eschew policy because someone criticized a bunch of fast food in one setting, then something is wrong with you

and I probably like fast food more than Trump does
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 18 Jan 2019 at 09:14 AM.

Trump may be an idiot but someone on staff isn't. It's amazing he continues to get away with base level "look at the birdy" cons. People are all upset at fast food and ignoring that a sizable number of children are going to starve when wic runs out.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    The idea that government is full of ignorant elite is the main basis for Trump being in office. ... It generally just means ridiculing the most widely accessible food to any middle and lower class Americans.
    Yup. Hamberder outrage is just more fuel for the MSM/deep state/other shit morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    this group of people is dumb as shit and it really doesn't matter what you do or
    this group of people likes it this way and it really doesn't matter what you do
    Welcome to the club!!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Trump may be an idiot but someone on staff isn't. It's amazing he continues to get away with base level "look at the birdy" cons. People are all upset at fast food and ignoring that a sizable number of children are going to starve when wic runs out.
    But he isn't? And no one is ignoring this? On non-late night show TV, I heard about fast food for a segment? He's only "getting away with it" because the Senate is letting him do it. The house has put a 100-0 Senate bill on the floor multiple times. In any non-dysfunctional government, WIC would be back on.

If only that decision can impact just the red areas. Oh well. Guess people were mad someone made fun of hamberders, that was more important than feeding their kids.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 18 Jan 2019 at 09:29 AM.