Page 494 of 968 FirstFirst ... 480490492493494495496498508 ... LastLast
Results 4,931 to 4,940 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Gotta pay for that secret moon base somehow.

I hope they are at least installing a huge laser cannon for dealing with aliens and large space debris.

3. Looks like the "tax cut" will pass.

Shameful. I bet those poor republican voters are going to be rich someday though! Dumbfucks.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 19 Dec 2017 at 03:12 PM.

4. This isn't even the real giveaway. Now we have a trillion dollar deficit to clean up, which will be bridged by privatizing everything that can be, and effectively auctioning off our nation's infrastructure. That was always the goal, not just giving rich people another yacht.

Why think up new businesses when you can take them from the public sector?

6. Hey look, real estate developers got a last minute bonus of over 400 billion dollars

Hopefully that comes out of the red states’ Medicare losses that will occur

7. It will probably bring a lot of investment home and make goods even cheaper as the US dollar goes sky high.

I’m not sure how the effects will run out here. From the analysis I read in the Financial Post these tax amendments are pretty competitive with the national average of western developed nations. The investment write-offs vs. amortization would make things much easier for businesses to spend money now.

I’d rather pay more tax than see people unable to get healthcare though.

That's the thing, just because it makes it easier to spend money, doesn't mean they will actually spend it. They are just as or maybe even more likely to not spend it and classify it as profit to trump up their quarterly reports.

9. EXACTLY

“Oh we save money we’ll pass it to...ourselves and shareholders!”

Dumbasses

There was an amendment introduced to this bill that would require companies to show these savings were being used to benefit their employees, increase hiring, etc. It was shot down by Republicans. I hope Dems stay away until 2018 and let these assholes own this 100%.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 20 Dec 2017 at 12:06 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Hey look, real estate developers got a last minute bonus of over 400 billion dollars

Hopefully that comes out of the red states’ Medicare losses that will occur
    I'd be surprised if Ryan actually attacked SS and Medicare. After all, shouldn't kids today get the chance to save their SS benefits for college like he did?

This tax bill is going to destroy what's left of PR's economy, since companies here are considered foreign. Chalk it up to us being what the White House calls "belonging to but not a part of the U.S."