Page 653 of 968 FirstFirst ... 639649651652653654655657667 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    How can you even say that?
    If people are going to be free they need to be free to fuck themselves.
    That's how. We are well down the "fucking ourselves" path. And there's no way to solve it in a free society and there is no such thing as a philosopher king/benevolent dictator. Don't think I'm disagreeing with you or advocating that we actually should have someone tell us no more soda. I'm just done.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    YOUR VOTE DOESN'T MATTER
    I think everyone knows it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I'm just done.
    I mean I’m with you on that but I don’t see a good solution.

4. I love it when Josh pops in to blast that great establishment-smashing rock anthem, "I'm really leftist but eh both sides are just as bad and nothing anyone does matters so just give up weh weh weh"

5. Seize the means of production!

“When?”

You know... whenever you’re ready, I guess.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    I’m not talking about helping in a car crash (though I’ve never seen anyone go without help when needed) I’m talking about policy. When lots of people live close together and share space, facilities, transportation, and have limited privacy it affects their policy decisions.

I think a difference is that events like car accidents are far more common here. I see at least one every day.
    Rural people are against the idea of the government taking care of anything really. They've forgotten about all the infrastructure improvements of the past 70 years.

Mother fuckers were shitting in the woods 2 generations ago but you know, duck the government.

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    I think everyone knows it already.
    Do you vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I love it when Josh pops in to blast that great establishment-smashing rock anthem, "I'm really leftist but eh both sides are just as bad and nothing anyone does matters so just give up weh weh weh"
    I choose to be an observer. It's way more freeing than thinking anything I do matters.

8. Trump's pressure on North Korea is working so well that Kim decided to go to a potato farm instead of meeting with the Secretary of State last week, and today NK officials were no-shows to a meeting about returning the remains of American soldiers killed in the Korean War. Last month, Annoying Orange had said that NK was going to deliver them "immediately."

The emperor not only has no clothes, he's parading around with a large shit stain on his ass and all down his leg.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Do you vote?

I choose to be an observer. It's way more freeing than thinking anything I do matters.
    I still vote. I'm just so damn bothered that we aren't the ones who vote on some things that really matter, like SCOTUS justices, to accept or reject bills, to keep things like net neutrality, etc. We vote on our local judges, so why should the SCOTUS work differently?
    Mogens Jallberg would likely say that what we have is feudalism. He said "In democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism it's your count that votes." Senators & Representatives are like the counts.

Let the lawmakers continue to write bills, but I feel that we should have the right to reject them. Instead of saying "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that Senator" I'd rather be able to say "Don't blame me, I voted against that bill". We really need an "Against All" or NOTA vote for POTUS elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    The emperor not only has no clothes, he's parading around with a large shit stain on his ass and all down his leg.
    Too true.