Page 896 of 968 FirstFirst ... 882892894895896897898900910 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,960 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Maybe it would help with pre-existing conditions, which seems to be the biggest factor in deaths from covid.

Looks like the transcripts from that russia crap are out. Nothing burger with a side of banality.

Now it's Israel that helped trump win in 2016.

something about quantity vs quality.

In my opinion, the issue with universal anything, when it comes from tax payer dollars, is that it has a budget. That budget sets the availability of care. This might not seem obvious because they aren't just going to turn people away. But it comes out in other ways like the number of staff, the number of beds, the number hospitals. You see the same thing with free college in places like India where there is an allotted number of spots and they start from the top GPAs or tests and work their way down. Its a very real possibility that an -A student won't get to be what they want if it its something that requires a specific degree.

Capitalism, when it is working, just feels needs. You want something, you pay for it. The higher the number of items purchased, the more the fixed cost of production is spread out and the lower the prices. But it hasn't worked that way in this country since the 60s. The people at the top of medicine and education are gaming the system.

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/...caid-2008-2018

https://www.edvisors.com/plan-for-co...ion-inflation/

The solution is either to make laws that punish the ever living fuck out of businesses and administrators for corruption or socialize these things and use actual science and math to manage them.

Neither are going to happen because those in power don't want their hands tide. That is the real reason the big wallets have worked so furiously to discredit science and math since the 60s. They don't like being told "no." They don't like being held accountable. They want systems set up to benefit elaborate conmen.

So you either end up with capitalism set up in a way that the people at the top can game. Or you end up with mismanaged and underfunded state systems that are also gamed by those at the top. Its all kept loose and broken so some people can manipulate them to their benefit.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 09 May 2020 at 02:48 PM.

Thats another thing to hate the baby boomers for. Their parents built a system on math and science to meet the demands of WW2 and baby boomers slowly dismantled it because they didn't like having their authority challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    It's the Huffington Post. They're not even close to a credible news source.
    Are there any credible news sources?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I am sure that the DNC will get right on that shit after term limits and taxing apple and amazon.
    LAWL

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Its a very real possibility that an -A student won't get to be what they want
    Oh goodness, oh my what an injustice.
    Last edited by Josh; 09 May 2020 at 03:03 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Oh goodness, oh my what an injustice.
    Eh, you have to do something to keep people encouraged to pursue what they want out of life.

7. Do Americans still insist on wearing their filthy outdoor shoes in their homes?

You wanna buy me another pair of shoes?

9. Get the fuck out of here with that Japan shit, Drew.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Get the fuck out of here with that Japan shit, Drew.
    Lmfao