Page 943 of 968 FirstFirst ... 929939941942943944945947957 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,430 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    The whole 'presidential norms' thing wasn't so much of an issue with other presidents because they actually followed them. Every presidential candidate for the last 30+ years has provided their taxes as a show of transparency, Trump lied about them being tied up by the IRS and then said no one really wanted to see them anyway. Presidents have always gone to at least some show of effort to divest from businesses that could be perceived as a conflict of interest, Trump said "Turns out nothing explicitly says I have to, so thbbbft!" If you believe conservatives wouldn't have gone absolutely thermonuclear if Hillary had responded that way to those expectations, I've got a bridge to sell you.
    You criticize cherry-picking and then... do exactly that. Would I have like his taxes disclosed? Sure. Is it painfully obvious that he was screwed whether he released them or not? Absolutely. If he releases them, it gets picked apart, he gets crucified, and every little business transaction conducted over 40 years would've been combed over by the media to find something, anything, to suit whatever the narrative of the week is. How many billionaires have been elected in the last 30+ years (using your timeline), exactly? To make this clearer for you, since you seem hell-bent on "proving" that I'm not really a middle of the road guy, I would've said the same exact thing about Bloomberg. Up to him if he discloses his taxes. Up to him if he wants to disclose what his 23+ NDA's were. The standards I apply to him would be the same (for me) whether he's a Democrat or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    And that really underscores the point on errors I was trying to make earlier; It's not just about cherry-picking the foibles and viewing them in individual terms, sheer quantity is a factor, too. It's not just that Trump fucks up sometimes, it's that he fucks up CONSTANTLY. You say the news is always picking on him, well, of course they are when he's always providing new material. If a Dem had racked up the same numbers on dumbshit tweets and statements and went to as much effort to actively antagonize half the country as Trump does, the right would absolutely be losing their minds over it, and the coalition of liberals defending them would dwindle as the amount of these unforced errors piled up. I certainly couldn't defend all this were I on the other side of it. Hell, just go back to the beginning, if a Democrat would have taken the debate stage with kids from three marriages, all of which they had openly cheated in, and in the ensuing debates dumped on military families and praised himself for dodging taxes, you think that wouldn't have instantly cooked their goose to a charred crisp with voters from every walk? Trump just waltzes through that kind of nonstop shitshow with his party's seal of approval and then you want to caterwaul about how much Dems benefit from double standards and how unfair they're being? Come on man.
    I didn't say the news is "picking on him", I said it's more biased than anything I've ever seen in my lifetime and I don't have a dog in the hunt. I hate his stupid tweets and he deserves whatever shit he gets for them. Pick apart all of the idiotic things that he's said, that's fine too. No problem with that. I'm taking about "anonymous sources". I'm talking about classified information leaked to the press. I'm talking about sound/video bites deliberately edited so that things are completely out of context. I'm talking about stories posted without verification and subsequently retracted, I'm talking flat-out refuted (with evidence) stories that are printed/posted anyway and more and more. Criticize the idiot all you want but let's not pretend that this isn't the most contentious media, along with social media, in the history of the planet. If he were a Democratic President I'd be saying THE EXACT SAME THING if this were going on.

And, honestly, I don't give a shit about how many times he was married or who he cheated on. I didn't give a shit about that with Bill Clinton either.

Here's a great article about it: https://nypost.com/2019/10/13/inside...esident-trump/

2. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    The difference is party loyalty. A Democrat couldn't do half the shit Trump does because his party would either back down or resign,
    Well then there's AoC cuz she's done some of the dumbest shit I've seen from a politician in years. Trump is fucking stupid but I'll be damned if AoC isn't a runner up in the retard race.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Well then there's AoC cuz she's done some of the dumbest shit I've seen from a politician in years. Trump is fucking stupid but I'll be damned if AoC isn't a runner up in the retard race.
    At least I can't argue with you with that.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 06 Jul 2020 at 09:09 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    The difference is party loyalty. A Democrat couldn't do half the shit Trump does because his party would either back down or resign, as they do for the dumbest shit. Republicans have marched like lemmings behind Trump through 3 years of fire, and even losing the House hasn't changed things. They will follow him in November either to victory or over a cliff. Democrats wouldn't stand behind a leader that long, good or bad. They back down far too easily, which is why McConnell always gets his way.
    The left is always looking for the true believers and eats the flawed and broken fuck ups.

The right is authoritarian and would support a sickly almost dead rapist horse if elected on their side

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I think having her heart in the right place means a lot. I'm not sure Trump cares about anyone.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    The right is authoritarian and would support a sickly almost dead rapist horse if elected on their side
    RE: Roy Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I think having her heart in the right place means a lot. I'm not sure Trump cares about anyone.
    True. However, AOC seems more interested in just spouting platitudes than actually accomplishing anything, legislatively speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    But, this is a conversation that we'll never have because I'm really sick your condescending and childish bullshit. You aren't worth the time.
    After writing several paragraphs to me. Gotcha.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 06 Jul 2020 at 09:12 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    The truth is this entire form of government needs a hard reset
    It technically isn't their fight, since at the core, the protests are about Black lives (even if the shitty government is 100% responsible for those lives ending), but there was a part of me hoping that enough people in DC swarmed the WH and overwhelmed police/SS, citizen arrested anyone in the building they could get to, and then did the same for Congress. That's literally the only way to achieve the reset now.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    CNN described Mount Rushmore as "majestic" when Obama went there and "two slave owners" when Trump was there.
    This is, in fact, complete bs and if I didn't already steer clear of CNN I would. I don't think we discussed it at the time but I definitely remember being disgusted at Obama's visit. Rushmore is a goddamned scar on this country. That said – and it ultimately doesn't matter AND I could be wrong – I don't believe Obama faced Native opposition to his being there?

I dislike the hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle.
    One thing I'll spar w/you all about: Stop caring about hypocrisy w/regard to politics. Everyone is a hypocrite about at least one major political thing. Keep it up with our stupid news media, but like, until we get that reset mentioned above, it's pointless to bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    very suddenly, anonymous sources will be completely discounted
    YUP. Holy shit that'll be disturbing to see, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    The left is always looking for the true believers and eats the flawed and broken fuck ups.

Also a big yup on both counts. Re authoritarians: I mainly want the Ivanka videos to surface because once people start rationalizing away CSA it's 100% okay to kill them. And you can bet some prominent people will start chirping about "she liked it" and "how come she never said anything" and whatnot if they ever get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    AOC seems more interested in just spouting platitudes than actually accomplishing anything, legislatively speaking.
    Another yup. It really seemed like she was a lot more independent than she ended up being. Fell right in line on all the major things.

8. I think only anonymous sources on the left will be discounted. Plenty on the right will appear and be valid to half the country. Remember how no one on the right questioned Trump's "extremely credible sources" about Obama's birth certificate, how Obama supposedly applied to Occidental as a foreign student, or how he supposedly ruined America's credit? They also accept it as gospel whenever he uses "many people are saying" or similar stuff.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I think only anonymous sources on the left will be discounted. Plenty on the right will appear and be valid to half the country.
    Well yeah but also right-leaning sources are usually just lies.

Re: Looks like Ghislaine Maxwell's going to "commit suicide" soon. Ellen Pao had to lock her account minutes after posting about all this. https://twitter.com/RelaxGeniusTV/st...20970506760192

10. Ellen Pao is either 1) Lying for what she thought would be positive attention or 2) actually knew about child sex trafficking and did NOTHING.

Either way she continues to be total human garbage.