Page 954 of 968 FirstFirst ... 940950952953954955956958 ... LastLast
Results 9,531 to 9,540 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    You’re in a politics thread arguing about politics. And its literally been going on since Bush was in office. What tf did you expect would be happening in here? Let’s not throw a tantrum and take the ball home just yet.
    I'm sure he or someone else will be back soon enough to tell me how much of a white supremacist I am.

How could a protest of police not be violent? The police solve almost every problem they face with violence. That’s literally the problem being protested.
    I get what you're saying but at the same time I don't condone it. The riots were never about george floyd. Seeing so many innocent people getting hurt, killed, & robbed who had nothing to do with what happened isn't a way to endear people to your cause. It's just going to make them give less of a fuck about you. Watching that video of that man bleeding out on the street was heart wrenching. So must wasted life.

Get rid of the electoral college. That’s basically where that naturally ends up.
    It's a shame some people really think getting rid of the collage is going to solve anything.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 17 Jul 2020 at 08:39 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Because police brutality moved people to action the more violent it is the more social pressure splashes back on them. There hasn’t been meaningful reform so I don’t think there’s a point to being satisfied w that. The rioting is pressure. Do you think a series of tasteful candlelight vigils is moving reform when riots don’t?

As an adult what I would’ve expected was protests all over the country and cops going “you know what why are our officers so violent?” But that’s not what’s going on

I’m not a fan of removing the electoral college because it promotes regionality over union (it surprises me the left is always so anti-college (after they lose elections anyway) because it was clearly one of the determining factors in the abolition of slavery). Also Imagine how much of the world you’d hand China without the USA counter syncing w influence on the other side. Huawei scandal is a reminder communists don’t respect law even less than capitalists.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    How could a protest of police not be violent? The police solve almost every problem they face with violence. That’s literally the problem being protested.
    This is a great thought, however are gangs and criminals solving their problems with rock, paper, scissors?

Here, a criminal solved their problems with the police using words. Oh wait.... https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...officials-say/

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Do you think a series of tasteful candlelight vigils is moving reform when riots don’t?
    Those two cops got neither a riot nor vigil. Do you suggest a riot will reform criminals through social pressure?

Here, some gangs solved their problems with each other using their words 1,657 times this year. https://heyjackass.com/

They are essentially rioting with each other over and over year after year. Is that creating social pressure to reform the gang power structure?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 17 Jul 2020 at 10:15 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Because police brutality moved people to action the more violent it is the more social pressure splashes back on them. There hasn’t been meaningful reform so I don’t think there’s a point to being satisfied w that. The rioting is pressure. Do you think a series of tasteful candlelight vigils is moving reform when riots don’t?
    Well hear me out on this. To me a general way I feel to make change in this day and age isn't violence. I'd like to think as a species we're able to go past that but I'm not fooling myself that anything's going to change. I'd say that is the main reason I don't endorse what's happened. Seeing the riots happening was me just shaking my head because this is what always happens now. I just hold to the hope that one day we'll all be able to go beyond this crap and come together for something better as cheesy as that sounds.

As an adult what I would’ve expected was protests all over the country and cops going “you know what why are our officers so violent?” But that’s not what’s going on
    I think back to many years ago before the internet was a thing. We're more connected to the world then we've ever been in human history. I'm know this bullshit was going on way before then but now it's so easy to shine a light on everything. Even when someone does something bad and not on purpose, you see droves of self-righteous asses calling for people's heads on a pike.

I’m not a fan of removing the electoral college because it promotes regionality over union (it surprises me the left is always so anti-college (after they lose elections anyway) because it was clearly one of the determining factors in the abolition of slavery). Also Imagine how much of the world you’d hand China without the USA counter syncing w influence on the other side. Huawei scandal is a reminder communists don’t respect law even less than capitalists.
    To me the collage I see as the only fair way to make sure all states have an equal vote in how the country is run. If we simply went by a populace vote, nobody would care about shit outside of New York & California. As much as some people are loathe to admit it, Trump won fair & square. The cards were so hard fucking stacked in Hillary's favor that even an idiot could see how much the media was sucking her cock and she still lost. I can't even remember anything of an upset like this in recent history.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 17 Jul 2020 at 11:10 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I'm sure he or someone else will be back soon enough to tell me how much of a white supremacist I am.
    If you were a white supremacist you either would have moved on or resorted to posting stupid memes.

It's a shame some people really think getting rid of the collage is going to solve anything.
    Yeah, getting rid of the EC is like one of those tiny papercut bandaids over a gaping wound. We'd be lucky if the false sense of polarity it caused in (maybe) one election was enough for more than a day of thinkpieces about the system working. We need a full governmental tear-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Because police brutality moved people to action the more violent it is the more social pressure splashes back on them. There hasn’t been meaningful reform so I don’t think there’s a point to being satisfied w that. The rioting is pressure. Do you think a series of tasteful candlelight vigils is moving reform when riots don’t?
    The candlelight vigil thing hits hard because of the way everyone reacted to the kneeling. My memory is not the best but I vividly recall my father – who is not a talker – saying how he thought it was a great idea to protest peacefully in that manner, then being angry at the pundits turning it into some kind of anti-military thing. (He's a Vietnam vet.) And while I don't remember the exact instances, when I was young and getting bullied for being so poor, I still remember that feeling of helplessness I had. The first time, I told my parents, they talked to the school principal, and there was a "let's get along" meeting that made the bullies treat me even worse. I only found out recently that the rich parents of those bullies had the town police routinely harass my parents for years afterward. I actually fought back once, but wasn't strong enough and nobody helped me. In high school, I made a friend who was part of the "bad kids" crowd and he beat the shit out of one of my bullies. They put him in a "special needs" class.

None of that compares to what Black people have had to deal with but I sure as shit understand those violent reactions. Black people are fighting back now and, even though it isn't a lot, other people are helping them. So the bullies (police) are escalating because that's their way of separating the people helping out. I'm lucky in that I can put myself between a police officer and a Black person but that's why Trump & co are starting to send the unmarked LEOs now.

I know. But let's not absolve these "Democrat" mayors and whatnot who set up those unnecessary curfews. Whether it was their idea, or they were caving to police union pressure, without the curfews most of the violence people saw would not have happened.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Seems like President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert*Camacho or something.
    The entire last four years has felt like that.

7. I've been pouring gatorade in my plants in anticipation.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Person gets shot and killed for saying all lives matter.
    Look, not to justify anything, but she got shot after screaming the n-word in public and when confronted yelling "all lives matters," so let's not paint this as a political disagreement, thanks. She was a racist asshole, deliberately trying to offend/provoke.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 17 Jul 2020 at 02:19 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Look, not to justify anything, but she got shot after screaming the n-word in public and when confronted yelling "all lives matters," so let's not paint this as a political disagreement, thanks. She was a racist asshole, deliberately trying to offend/provoke.
    Even so murdering people over words is stupid.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Even so murdering people over words is stupid.
    Her boyfriend also pulled a gun on them. They were there to start shit. They got tough with the wrong people. It's not right, but it's not exactly a shocking outcome.

Again, I'm not trying to justify shooting someone, but the idea that this is an example of "BLM gone too far," or that she got killed "just for saying All Lives Matters" is just a lie. These people knew they were starting shit, and they started it with the wrong people. Never would have happened if they had a lick of common sense.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 17 Jul 2020 at 04:16 PM.