Page 956 of 968 FirstFirst ... 942952954955956957958960 ... LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,560 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Two skulls for the trophy wall right there. Perfect.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Then it can be his tomb.
    LOL, I can see the future archaeologists now...

This exhibit contains pieces from the burial catacombs of America's 45th (and final) President, Donald J. Trump. In keeping with the country's official motto of, 'Super Size Me,' the entryway to this sepulcher was a vast, sprawling mansion, set on several acres of land. The United States of America, of course, collapsed in financial ruin in 2021 after the Trump administration's egregious mishandling of a pandemic but prior to that it had periods of expansive growth and prosperity for some citizens. Here is the packaging for a McDonald's Quarter Pounder With Cheese, a food item popular at the time, found in abundance around Trump's sarcophagus.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    He fought them and stole their taser. He was there to start shit. He got tough with the wrong people. It's not right, but it's not exactly a shocking outcome.

Again, I'm not trying to justify shooting someone, but the idea that this is an example of "police force gone too far," or that he got killed "just for drinking and driving" is just a lie. He knew he was starting shit, and he started it with the wrong people. Never would have happened if he had a lick of common sense.
    Somebody better burn down a Wendy's.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    This is a great thought, however are gangs and criminals solving their problems with rock, paper, scissors?

Here, a criminal solved their problems with the police using words. Oh wait.... https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...officials-say/

Those two cops got neither a riot nor vigil. Do you suggest a riot will reform criminals through social pressure?

Here, some gangs solved their problems with each other using their words 1,657 times this year. https://heyjackass.com/

They are essentially rioting with each other over and over year after year. Is that creating social pressure to reform the gang power structure?
    If you find a riot inspired on the ideas of gangsta reform do let me know. Bonus points if the picket fences have the words gangster reform on them.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I think back to many years ago before the internet was a thing. We're more connected to the world then we've ever been in human history. I'm know this bullshit was going on way before then but now it's so easy to shine a light on everything. Even when someone does something bad and not on purpose, you see droves of self-righteous asses calling for people's heads on a pike.
    Except we have some pretty clear info on police caused fatalities and the stats aren’t good. Stats literally can tell you how severe the problem is (death), and how widespread (number of incidents). So I don’t think that makes much sense. But the questions remain: 1 Is it okay for police to kill Black people at a higher rate than any other race? And 2 Is it okay for police to kill anybody in such high numbers.

Maybe there’s another way. Let the police focus on violent crime and organized crime and provide alternative community assistance to help deescalate the rest.

Also on the topic of those riot murders:
    They’re murders. I would want those responsible investigated and brought to court. The same way it should be for all murders. Isn’t that tit for tat what ppl are protesting for for Breonna Taylor? No excuses — just treat murder the same across the board.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 19 Jul 2020 at 10:38 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    1 Is it okay for police to kill Black people at a higher rate than any other race? And 2 Is it okay for police to kill anybody in such high numbers.
    Yeah, I love the refrain of, "But the police kill white people, too!" I'm like, YES I KNOW THAT AND I WANT THEM TO STOP THAT TOO.

They’re murders. I would want those responsible investigated and brought to court. The same way it should be for all murders. Isn’t that tit for tat what ppl are protesting for for Breonna Taylor? No excuses — just treat murder the same across the board.
    Right, but again, police unions in America are out of fucking control. If there's an investigation, it'll find nothing. That's provided there's enough social outcry to force their hand. If there's enough outcry that they can't get away with clearing the officer(s) involved, they will be acquitted in court. In a few rare cases, there may be a "fall guy" who is then released in far too short a period of time to a nice private security job. We have yet to see what level of outcry is required for them to give on letting officers be convicted under normal circumstances.

I'm not sure what happened in the background with the Botham Jean case but 1) Guyger's appeal will likely get her out of jail or Trump might intervene and 2) the cops killed Jean's neighbor in retaliation for his testimony to no retribution despite the 100% lousy frame-up job they did.

6. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Portland Mayor went to the "peacefull protests" with 6 or so plain clothed security people.

It did not go well. Just been run into a building to chants of "fuck ted wheeler".

Who could have forseen this unfortunate turn of events?

8. Probably not Ted Wheeler?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Aaaand they tear gassed him.

For a counterexample, here they got out in front of it right away, the mayor joined the protests from day one, they quickly instituted a citizen review board for review of police complaints, and revised the guidelines on use of force, and the protests quieted down. No riots, no looting. In the most diverse city in the country.

Protesters are more reasonable than they get credit for, but they know when someone is full of shit.

10. He deserved the second one.