Page 522 of 968 FirstFirst ... 508518520521522523524526536 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. The weird part to me is if they offered him his border wall funding to get DACA back and DACA itself seems relatively popular... why wouldn’t you take that? It would’ve come off looking like a great hardball negotiating tactic. Who does this benefit?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    The weird part to me is if they offered him his border wall funding to get it back... why wouldn’t you take that? It would’ve come looking like a great negotiating tactic. Who does this benefit?
    Stephen Miller and Tom Cotton and other piece of shit extreme anti-immigrant assholes who keep getting into Trump's ear.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Yeah, and John Kelly.

They’ll probably cave in a day and Trump will laud this as the shortest shutdown ever, the best, let me tell you, it’s tremendous

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    So... Trump and GOP are Nazis and Dems are blameless? Does that about sum up the shutdown?
    Dems and Republicans had a bipartisan bill that both offered a path to citizenship for Dreamers (which Trump himself said he wanted) and increased funding for border security (which Trump himself said he wanted). Bill hits Trump's desk and now Trump is saying no because it doesn't fund his wall and because it's insufficiently punitive to members of shit hole countries, none of which was part of the original negotiations. Trump also tweeted he wouldn't sign a short term deal that included funding for CHIP, which is the opposite of Ryan and McConnell's plan.

Trump made this about the wall. Trump made this about immigration. Trump said no to a bipartisan plan.

It's totally inarguable where blame lies. Not Democratic senators. Not even Republican senators (though, if they like CHIP so much, introduce a separate bill to fund it as long as you want. But of course they're not doing that). It's Trump's. He could reopen the government today if he signed a bipartisan and popular legislation bill that he, two days ago, would have looked great for signing.

Please offer an explanation other than this one. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Mark my words: this is gonna drag on for months. It will make the last shut down look like nothing.
    I bet this is over by Monday because Trump has no attention span and will just want this to go away so he gets to stop doing stuff.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 20 Jan 2018 at 12:02 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Stephen Miller and Tom Cotton and other piece of shit extreme anti-immigrant assholes who keep getting into Trump's ear.
    I guess. But they promised a border wall during the campaign. It’s such a good optic to see it actually go up (even superficially) after Democratic approval. I guess greed has taken over for savvy tactics here.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I guess. But they promised a border wall during the campaign. It’s such a good optic to see it actually go up (even superficially) after Democratic approval. I guess greed has taken over for savvy tactics here.
    Where have they ever shown the ability for savvy tactics?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Good point. I think this bothers me because they had a path to actually deliver on a campaign promise everyone said was too absurd to happen. You can’t squander some funny shit like that. It’s a cardinal sin.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post

I bet this is over by Monday because Trump has no attention span and will just want this to go away so he gets to stop doing stuff.
    word on the street is that during the shut down, he can only use airforce one to do his job, not go to fun stuff or his own properties.

We'll see how long he likes having to pay to fly out to his resorts again.

9. Yeah but

He doesn’t do his job

So AF1 is also shut down

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    word on the street is that during the shut down, he can only use airforce one to do his job, not go to fun stuff or his own properties.

We'll see how long he likes having to pay to fly out to his resorts again.
    He wants to be at his resort right now but the staff made him stay.