Page 928 of 968 FirstFirst ... 914924926927928929930932942 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,280 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    It's positively frustrating that this is the "best" that we can do.
    And there's no fixing it.

By all means, keep voting locally because those town/county level things still mean something. But federally, we've hit critical mass of bullshit and cannot function.

2. I wouldn’t hold them to such high standards. Trump, Pelosi and McConnell are prepared to let us fall into irreparable civil war.

Click for full size

Also has anyone heard from Josh in CHAZ?

https://twitter.com/_crypto_maniac_/...81938094399492
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Honestly, it's not a stereotype, I'd argue it's the defining feature of American Conservativism since at least Hoover.

It's not always expressed that stupidly (but usually is), but the disinterest in systemic/collective reform and the misapplication of individualism to groups is more or less the thing that makes a conservative a conservative.

It's the only constant in conservativism. Everything else is negotiable. It's something you do on the regular as we and we've gotten into it plenty of times. At this point I just have to say prove me wrong.
    I actually think it goes both ways. Liberals apply social dynamics to individualistic pursuit, and conservatives apply individual principles to group and social challenges.

Right now I think it’s pretty clear more social progress is helpful rather than more individualism.

4. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    How many incidents could be avoided if people just followed the cops directions instead of resisting arrest?
    Because someone who is clearly intoxicated or otherwise impaired like this is totally capable of making rational, well thought out decisions, in a span of seconds and under duress. Right.

That's to say nothing of the hundreds of people who they've blown away in house raids for resisting arrest by not immediately complying with shouted orders after using tactics designed to confuse and disorient, including flashbang grenades, a weapon they are inadequately trained to use which is FOR stunning, disorienting, and deafening.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Because someone who is clearly intoxicated or otherwise impaired like this is totally capable of making rational, well thought out decisions, in a span of seconds and under duress. Right.
    I wasn't speaking about this incident specifically - which is pretty painfully obvious by the general statement that I made. I didn't even say "incidents like this". Do you honestly believe that if compliance and following directions were better than incidents would get worse? Right, yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    That's to say nothing of the hundreds of people who they've blown away in house raids for resisting arrest by not immediately complying with shouted orders after using tactics designed to confuse and disorient, including flashbang grenades, a weapon they are inadequately trained to use which is FOR stunning, disorienting, and deafening.
    Depending on what source you're using, there are 60-375 million police interactions per year with citizens. Some things are going to go bad. That isn't saying that thing can't be improved on - they can. If some drunk ass resists arrests, grabs your taser and turns around to tase you just what would you do, exactly? Let him tase you and take your weapon? What kind of decision would YOU make under that kind of pressure? It's hard to say unless you're in those shoes and, even then, with all the training in the world you can't say for certain unless you're in it.

Cops like the ones in the Floyd incident should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law - I'd say 99% of the country is behind that with blinking an eye. It's getting to the point, though, where you really have to question who on earth would even want to be a police officer at this stage and why? Over 800 have been injured or killed in the last two-three weeks and most are just trying to do an honest job. It's a slippery slope we're traveling down. We should seek to improve and reform as much as we can while still maintaining some level of respect for a profession where the majority are not at all like the four criminals in the Floyd case.

6. The new CHAZ Justice system is interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CapHillAuto...n_introducing/
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Get rid of qualified immunity.
    Make them have malpractice insurance.
    Make training 2 years+
    Develop additional branches of the police to handle issues that do not require force.
    Get rid of no uniform, no warrant, no knock home arrests.
    Get rid of the IQ cap for new cops (most places have it only slightly above where the military wont admit you)
    Have 4 and 6 year contracts.
    Put additional scrutiny on the purchase of military gear.

Asking why anyone would want to be a cop if they had to meet standards is like asking why anyone would want to be a doctor. A doctor can lose his liscence for writing too much back pain meds but for some reason we dont want to hold people accountable for putting a flash bang in a crib with a baby.

You can get rid of the patriot act and internet and phone based spying too but that's sadly still pie in the sky stuff as the right and left both secretly love that stuff.

What's even hard about this stuff?

Your neighbor could be selling cocaine. The police secretary could write a digit wrong and instead of the neighbor, they come to your house. They kick in the door at 3 am. They are Jean's and a tshirt. They see your gf or wife by a broom. They hear a dog bark. They get scared and murder everyone in the house.

Your family cant do anything. You're just dead. Your gf, your wife kids, dogs, dead. It never goes anywhere. Those guys keep their jobs.

That is where we are today. Your whole family can die because someone reads a 1 like a 7.

Why does anyone defend this?

10. That’s cool, but can you tell me if Nikki’s titties are fake?