Page 618 of 968 FirstFirst ... 604614616617618619620622632 ... LastLast
Results 6,171 to 6,180 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    The right really need to stop vying for victim status. A main tenant of conservatism is natural selection and to let nature take its course.
    Old people need to learn that being made to feel bad doesn't make you a victim.

Sometimes you feel bad because you failed yourself. Or because you fell down because of events out of your control.

Also, everyone needs to let go of the concepts of fault and victimhood. They ultimately do not matter. Marginalized groups cling to victimhood in an effort to argue others into acting on their behalf. This rarely works. Everyone needs to start taking responsibility for their own happiness.

2. Damn dude. That’s the best post you made.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Also, I will add that the last two sentences are not excuses to censor those that are hurt.

Complaining about your situation is fine as long as you keep working on the problems you care about.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Also, everyone needs to let go of the concepts of fault and victimhood. They ultimately do not matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Also, I will add that the last two sentences are not excuses to censor those that are hurt.

Complaining about your situation is fine as long as you keep working on the problems you care about.
    I would be willing to bet that what you or I might view as complaining about victimhood probably seems legit to the people speaking about it. That even goes for some of the really rabid, toxic people shouting about men's rights and whatnot - the Paul Elams are only out to make money off the suckers but it works because they see that little bit of balancing as a loss (however right or wrong that view may be).

Waiting for your oppressor to make amends isn't a good way to find happiness in life.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Old people need to learn that being made to feel bad doesn't make you a victim.

Sometimes you feel bad because you failed yourself. Or because you fell down because of events out of your control.

Also, everyone needs to let go of the concepts of fault and victimhood. They ultimately do not matter. Marginalized groups cling to victimhood in an effort to argue others into acting on their behalf. This rarely works. Everyone needs to start taking responsibility for their own happiness.
    I was going to point out that it seemed like the left is more likely to push the view you attributed to old people. The last decade of identity politics has been based on feeling bad = victimhood.

7. The right is plenty guilty, only they don't do it with marginalized groups. Fox News dedicated a month to celebrating men. See also: the furor over Fenway Park's having a rainbow Sox logo for a month culminating in baseball fans demanding that they have a "straight day." See also: the war on Christmas / Christians. See also: feeling like conservatives are being persecuted when they have controlled the majority of federal, state, and municipal governments (and the judiciary) for 30 years.

"It's okay to be white," and "white men are being persecuted" is every bit as much "identity politics" and "feels bad = victim" as anything on the left, only they're doing it with the groups doing the marginalizing.

8. My only defense is that I am completely unaware of what happens on Fox.

It's not us, it's them!

Nuh uh! They do it too!

10. Yup, any complaining on either side is now met with "lol, special snowflake"