Page 557 of 968 FirstFirst ... 543553555556557558559561571 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,570 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    All these things seem to be keeping Chicago as the lowest gun death city in the US.

npr
    Illinoi's gun death rate is really good.

Yes, Chicago is a hotbed of gun violence. But that's also because, from the article you quoted that refutes your own argument (you love doing this):

"Of around 8,700 firearms recovered in Illinois and for which the bureau found a source state, more than half came from out of state — 1,366, nearly 16 percent, came from Indiana alone."

Guns pretty much come out of vending machines in IN. The stat suggests violent people are going elsewhere for their guns because they can't get them in Chicago. Doesn't this suggest the gun laws seem to work and it's the immediately neighboring rootin' tootin' states fucking it up?

No.

3. Why are more than half the guns recovered in IL from out of state while, in lax gun law Indiana, 82% of guns recovered are from in state? If IL gun laws don't prevent violent people from getting guns in IL, why are people in IL going to WI and IN to get them?

Having just made that drive when you were here, I am confident they're not making that trip for its scenery.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 23 Feb 2018 at 05:20 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    So it turns out Paul Manafort made his own Holy Shit This Is Illegal paper trail with Rick Gates because he didn't know how to alter a PDF to commit fraud on his own.
    That's wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    If IL gun laws don't prevent violent people from getting guns in IL, why are people in IL going to WI and IN to get them?
    Query, do you believe that we can remove "elsewhere" from the equation?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    So it turns out Paul Manafort made his own Holy Shit This Is Illegal paper trail with Rick Gates because he didn't know how to alter a PDF to commit fraud on his own.
    I have no trouble believing this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Query, do you believe that we can remove "elsewhere" from the equation?
    Not entirely, but doesn't that data suggest pushing "elsewhere" out to the Mexican and Canadian borders would help?

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I thought teachers were revolutionary Marxists indoctrinating the youth to anarcho-communism. The same people who believe that also want to give the insurrectionists free guns? Ok, dudes.
    It’s opt-in and everyone knows commies don’t like to get their hands dirty. That’s why you academic scumbags indoctrinate anyway. Anyone who doesn’t want a free gun and training is obviously a liberal sissy communist. These teachers will run drills and be able to hit a lightbulb from half a mile away in no time. Plus the kids will shut the fuck up when they’re told.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 23 Feb 2018 at 08:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Sorry I forgot to log out of Drew.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Not entirely, but doesn't that data suggest pushing "elsewhere" out to the Mexican and Canadian borders would help?
    You can't really do that.

What will happen will be what happened with alcohol banning, you'll create a black market that many average people participate in. maybe not you. Maybe not anyone you know. But lots of normal people. Because the Americans that already have guns won't suddenly get rid of them. They'll hide them. Then sand the part numbers off and trade them with buds.

If the bud gets caught, fuck him, they'll say they don't know what he's talking about. "He's a damn liar. Fuck that guy."