Page 965 of 968 FirstFirst ... 951961963964965966967 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,650 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Confessions from a bastard cop who says all cops are bastards and white people suck? "Unarmed Black, indigenous, and people of color are being killed by cops in the streets " and cops are "white supremacists"?

Yeah, I'll pass.

Look at the demographics of police men and women in large cities like NYC and LA and get back to me. 47% of NYPD is minorities. LAPD? 34% White. Chicago? 50% White. It's a farce.

USA Today: "As of the June 22 update, the Washington Post’s database of fatal police shootings showed 14 unarmed Black victims and 25 unarmed white victims in 2019."

I'm sick to death of this narrative and Leftist nonsense that labels entire swaths of people - something that Democrats are supposed to be against - until your opinion doesn't line up with whatever their latest target is. The hypocrisy and division drives me absolutely nuts.

I'd rather read stuff like https://www.facebook.com/GoodCopStories/

People starting at $40K in a shit job that everyone is crapping on because they're "bastards" or bound to become one. I'll pass on future conversation about this because we're not going to find any middle ground here. I think your position is dead wrong - which isn't to say that things can't be improved, training can't be expanded, community interaction amplified, etc... It's a thankless job that we might not even need to "defund" in the near future because nobody will want to do it anymore anyway.
    You're not really processing the substance of anything that I or the article said, and you're latching on to insanely irrelevant things like the racial makeup of the department (I literally referenced a black cop as my example in my last post) as a counterpoint because you simply aren't listening.

The point here is that the "few bad actors" rhetoric fails to get at the realities of the systemic problem that create and protect these bad actors. That in order to address the problem you need to look at the whole of the system not just wait for people to get murdered and maybe maybe do something if the media gives it enough heat.

So when people say "All Cops are Bastards" they don't mean they're all black hearted Nazis, but that they all participate in a broken system that needs to be rethought and rebuilt from the ground up. I'm not saying that we don't need police or that all police or that the mere act of being a cop is evil, but the problem is much bigger than just the worst examples and that's something a lot of people don't want to face.

2. I would say they all become bastards if that's the culture in their police department, but that can't be the case everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    USA Today: "As of the June 22 update, the Washington Post’s database of fatal police shootings showed 14 unarmed Black victims and 25 unarmed white victims in 2019."
    Those numbers are meaningless without context. If there were 300 million white people and 14 black people in the country, that would be genocide. If the proportion of white people to black people in police interactions is greater than 25/14, then there may be a problem.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I would say they all become bastards if that's the culture in their police department, but that can't be the case everywhere.
    Correct. And there are departments that are much better than others (though I would argue some of the issues reflect a problem with the culture at large beyond the police). But you don't fix the culture of a department by firing a couple people if they fuck up bad enough.

Camden NJ is a good example. Fired their entire police force. Hired some officers back but under new leadership and effectively formed a new department, retrained everyone from the ground up. Since then crime has gone down and so has police brutality. Everyone wins.

But if you stick your head in the sand and say "Well let's just get rid of the crooked ones," you're stuck with an endless game of whack-a-mole. It doesn't work.

Those numbers are meaningless without context. If there were 300 million white people and 14 black people in the country, that would be genocide. If the proportion of white people to black people in police interactions is greater than 25/14, then there may be a problem.
    He knows this, he isn't actually this stupid he just thinks I am.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 01 Aug 2020 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Confessions from a bastard cop who says all cops are bastards and white people suck? "Unarmed Black, indigenous, and people of color are being killed by cops in the streets " and cops are "white supremacists"?

Yeah, I'll pass.

Look at the demographics of police men and women in large cities like NYC and LA and get back to me. 47% of NYPD is minorities. LAPD? 34% White. Chicago? 50% White. It's a farce.

I'm sick to death of this narrative and Leftist nonsense that labels entire swaths of people - something that Democrats are supposed to be against - until your opinion doesn't line up with whatever their latest target is. The hypocrisy and division drives me absolutely nuts.

I'd rather read stuff like https://www.facebook.com/GoodCopStories/

People starting at $40K in a shit job that everyone is crapping on because they're "bastards" or bound to become one. I'll pass on future conversation about this because we're not going to find any middle ground here. I think your position is dead wrong - which isn't to say that things can't be improved, training can't be expanded, community interaction amplified, etc... It's a thankless job that we might not even need to "defund" in the near future because nobody will want to do it anymore anyway.
    So you want to remain ignorant because your race feelings got hurt? That's what you're saying?

Lets get real man, black people make up like 13% of the population, yet by your own post, they make up 1/3 of deaths by cops. When adjusted, thats a higher % of black people vs white people.

Also, how do you feel about qualified immunity and police unions translating into you not having gun rights? That as it is today, we have special citizens that have more rights than you do?

Push all the politics, left vs right, black vs white to the side, and realize that is the world you live in right now. A country where you're a second class citizen, and a cop could murder you for a gun sized object, say a black cell phone or black flash light falling out of your car door when you get out to go inside a store and that guy will never be held accountable. You're family won't receive justice. He has the right to kill you because he felt scared.

5. That's why all my guns look like bananas.

6. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    and you clearly have no friends that are police officers.
    lol what sort of massive douchebag would someone have to be to have cops for friends?

Oh.

Cool Stormfront Jr. you've got brewing here, Nick.

7. Treasure

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    One bad cop doesn't make all cops bastards. All cops being bastards makes all cops bastards. When institutions are rotten, so are the people that make them up.
    That's the thing. They're not all bastards. It'd be the same as saying all white people are racist or all jews are money grubbing people. Lumping one type of people into one category is just a bad thing. I've known some asshole cops but I also some which act like everyday decent human beings.

It's easier if you just judge a person based on their merits and not their job.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 02 Aug 2020 at 07:28 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. The police has been an institution constantly slow to enact change to itself. It’s cronyism at its worst.

You already defunded the police once. Would you rather an EMT or a cop show up if you’re having a heart attack? Because used to be cops. And they were bad at it. They didn’t really want to do the job and mortality rates were high.

EMT units were created in response (which was also instigated by a black led initiative).

So there you go. Fuck the police.

9. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    That's the thing. They're not all bastards. It'd be the same as saying all white people are racist or all jews are money grubbing people. Lumping one type of people into one category is just a bad thing. I've known some asshole cops but I also some which act like everyday decent human beings.

It's easier if you just judge a person based on their merits and not their job.
    See my post above. Police aren't a race or a demographic, they're people who work for a very specific organization. It isn't about who they are as individual people, and that's rather my point. There are systemic and cultural issues with the police that need to be addressed and simply can't by just trying to weed out the "bad ones."

10. 13% of the population and 50% of the violent crime. Probably closer to 6.5% since men are overwhelmingly more violent than women. Why on earth would that demographic be killed at a higher rate?

Mystifying.

96% of people killled by PoPo are men. Men are 49% of population. Men killed at unfair rate! Police r sexist!

Umm-hmmmm.