Page 380 of 968 FirstFirst ... 366376378379380381382384394 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

I wouldn't be surprised if parts of antifa aren't real. They are so small, it would be very easy for agents of one group to produce a fake violent action much like the burning of the reichstag or a fake version of Herschel Grynszpan

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The demonization of the center thing is much more recent, I expect this is more of a reaction to that.
    Online sjw rhetoric has been ripe with it for years now. You can't have a sensible or jovial conversation with them. The opposition is the great Satan and you are not to look at it from both sides. Hell, you can be dubbed just as bad if you don't use their terminology in the conversation.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if parts of antifa aren't real. They are so small, it would be very easy for agents of one group to produce a fake violent action much like the burning of the reichstag or a fake version of Herschel Grynszpan
    I had a long conversation with one of them while Lyft driving once who was recovering from a broken rib, most of them are the kids who went 110% in to Occupy Wall Street and when that collapsed the 'scene' didn't go away, it just moves to whatever street protest is going on. These kids are running around breaking shit because they can feel good about 'fighting injustice', but they really don't have any specifics when you press them on what they're trying to accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. It is suuuuuuch a small minority of people that are actual antifa supporters, past reblogging Facebook nonsense. Similar with actual nazis, the true believers are few and far between. There is elements of the movement that show up in other conservative/progressive politics, but it's one of those movements that gets a lot more media time than it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I will defend the nazis right to "peaceful" rally in 99% of cases, but choosing to go to Berkeley is just dumb. Seriously, that leads me to believe that none of these people are loyal to the cause, they are just looking for a fun distraction from their pizza delivery jobs. They could easily rally in Napa, or even a place like near the Travis AFB with absolute ease, but they choose to go to downtown berkeley? That's just irl trolling. Which is going to get a lot of people hurt and arrested. Dumb as bricks.
    It's very hard to have ANY kind of discussion with anyone on the far left without being labeled a bigot, racist, sexist or identity slur.

Maybe meeting the real thing will give them some perspective.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 29 Aug 2017 at 09:41 PM.

6. Although Americans have largely moved away from religion they have not moved away from Puritanism. Where their values have changed, thier need to judge, condemn, and cast out of society has not. Where once the church shunned those they labeled whores, drunkards, and deviants, they now shun the racists, sexist, and bigots. Yesterday's sinners are today's Nazis.

The Seven Deadly Sins of the Left
    • Racism
    • Sexism
    • Homophobia
    • Transphobia
    • Islamophobia
    • Nationalism
    • Silence
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 29 Aug 2017 at 11:02 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. It seems like identifying these groups as right or left is as reductive and non-descriptive as the notion of right and left political parties already. Like, there's so little consistency in ideology. It's basically just "them" or "us" for the masses, and which side you're on was probably determined by something arbitrary, or just habitual.

That said, the antics of "antifa" are so misguided and blatantly serving the interests of Trump supporters that it's hard not to consider them plants.

8. FREE SPEECH IS CODE FOR RACISM AND GENOCIDE

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. I'm biased because 30% of the people I know are punks and artists and 60% of my social media feeds are about whiteness, white privilege, and all other things relating to modern day preaching.

EDIT: This is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    most of them are the kids who went 110% in to Occupy Wall Street and when that collapsed the 'scene' didn't go away, it just moves to whatever street protest is going on. These kids are running around breaking shit because they can feel good about 'fighting injustice', but they really don't have any specifics when you press them on what they're trying to accomplish.

10. I mean, come on. That photo is so ludicrous it has to be manufactured for opposite effect. Lot of dumb people out there that just want to belong to *something* though, so, prob real.