Page 505 of 968 FirstFirst ... 491501503504505506507509519 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    He bragged about using tax loopholes on the campaign trail and it made him look savvy and put a bewildered look of chagrin on every social learning liberal’s face. He’ll be as over the line ethically as you can get away with. Guaranteed. Maybe more!
    Loopholes is sort of a bullshit term for deductions, and not at all the sort of thing I'm talking about. I mean things like money laundering, payola, maybe even bribery. All the mess Manafort is in, I'd be shocked if Trump isn't just as deep in the shit.

2. There’s no doubt to me his son is profiting directly from pilfering insider knowledge and opportunities and keeping the seat warm until The King Returns. I’m not disagreeing.

It’s just not something his base or most people will care about. Get it while the goings good is part of the “hustle” mentality. And people who think the system sucks will blame the rotting carcas of the government waste.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 04 Jan 2018 at 05:24 PM.

3. Money laundering isn’t “hustle”

4. I said it before and I'll say it again, Hillary not glomming onto the whole "Trump has a history of not paying or shortchanging tons of people that worked for him" angle during the campaign, and instead latching onto his attitudes toward women, is the biggest swing and miss of that whole campaign.

A significant percentage of half the electorate just can't be compelled to give a fuck about women's issues, they don't face it themselves and/or they benefit from the existing dynamic being stacked in their favor.

Everybody could have been rather easily convinced that a boss that tries to weasel out of or renegotiate paying what he agreed upfront is a coil of dogshit. Especially in downtrodden working class towns where lots of folks have almost assuredly run into that type of opportunistic garbage firsthand or know someone who has.

That she didn't immediately seek out and put forth a stable of character witnesses when he casually dropped that he likes to not pay people was missing a tee-up, something fierce.

5. They would have had to have done a lot of investigation to ensure that the facts were right. From what I read he often did pay, but only a pittance of what was owed. So technically them accepting that could be construed as payment regardless of how dickish it were.

Actually apparently not. That was standard operating procedure for Trump.

Like trump does it so much, my dad in north Mississippi, has patients that trump has tried to directly fuck over.

7. It's a large part of why he's been sued thousands of times over the decades.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    They would have had to have done a lot of investigation to ensure that the facts were right. From what I read he often did pay, but only a pittance of what was owed. So technically them accepting that could be construed as payment regardless of how dickish it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    not paying or shortchanging
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    weasel out of or renegotiate paying what he agreed upfront
    Bruh. I acknowledged that aspect of it twice in that post.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    They would have had to have done a lot of investigation to ensure that the facts were right. From what I read he often did pay, but only a pittance of what was owed. So technically them accepting that could be construed as payment regardless of how dickish it were.
    He would not pay, and then if sued, he would settle for pennies on the dollar. This was an actual strategy on his part, to the point where he actually suggested it as a way to get rid of the national debt.

10. That’s fine. The point is if he settled with a bunch of people it would be difficult for Hillary to bring it up publicly without risking legal ramifications if she misspoke.