Page 759 of 968 FirstFirst ... 745755757758759760761763773 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,590 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Many locations with high minority representation reporting nonfunctioning voting machines
    Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Texas reelected Ted Cruz? Fuck Texas.
    Cruz and Kemp cheated like motherfuckers and it's STILL close. Even here in CT, Bob is trying to hold up the governor results with court challenges in New Haven and Hartford aka where black people live. A couple of other places where black people live were ready for him to cheat and he got fucking toasted there. Bridgeport being the best example. I think he underestimated my town because of some popular (R) state congress folks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    The biggest thing that will come from two years of inevitable nonstop investigations is a fired-up Trump base rolling into 2020.
    For me, him getting a second term has always been a near certainty. I think what you're talking about, though, will definitely drown out whichever Dem runs.

And all the while, Republicans will use their newly expanded majority in the Senate to keep appointing judges.
    I want to be angry about this but I mean 2016 set this up for him anyway. It'll just be easier now. I've resigned myself to the fact that all the social stuff that the future Gorsuches and Kavanaughs undo will need to be upturned.

Good things that might be lost in the midst here:
    - Louisiana amendment 2 won handily
    - Florida amendments 4 & 13 won handily
    - Missouri amendments 1 & 2, and proposition B won handily
    - Massachusetts question 3 won handily
    - Idaho proposition 2 won handily
    - Arkansas issue 5 won handily
    - Nebraska initiative 427 won
    - Michigan proposals 1 & 2 won

Also, in true Florida fashion, amendment 9 passed. "Prohibits offshore oil and gas drilling; prohibits vaping in enclosed indoor workplaces." Wait. What?

EDIT: William Tong won attorney general here in CT, too, which I didn't think would happen. Noice.
    Last edited by Calliander; 07 Nov 2018 at 08:23 AM.

2. I’m just amazed you’re that spun up on all those props and initiatives. That’s one hell of a deep dive.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I’m just amazed you’re that spun up on all those props and initiatives. That’s one hell of a deep dive.
    I do love me some stats, cool amendments, and crazy shit like Florida's vaping/drilling thing.

4. The overall results are very much what I expected, but I was hoping that of the three biggest villains in contested battles (DeSantis. Cruz, and Kemp) at least one would lose in an upset.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The overall results are very much what I expected, but I was hoping that of the three biggest villains in contested battles (DeSantis. Cruz, and Kemp) at least one would lose in an upset.
    Yeah but remember, Cruz had people screw up the early voting by making the "straight democrat" ticket swap his name in for Beto's, and Kemp threw hundreds of thousands of black people off the registration list. And those races were still close.

I don't know if the same holds true with Florida. That place is its own animal. Glad to know offshore vaping is still legal.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Yeah but remember, Cruz had people screw up the early voting by making the "straight democrat" ticket swap his name in for Beto's, and Kemp threw hundreds of thousands of black people off the registration list. And those races were still close.

I don't know if the same holds true with Florida. That place is its own animal. Glad to know offshore vaping is still legal.
    That's really no consolation. It isn't about support it's about the date these people do in office.

7. I don't understand why those states are part of the US if they aren't going to allow people to vote.

Bugs Bunny needs to cut off a bigger chunk of land down there.

The WA taxes failed, which kind of sucks, but at least we got some good representation here. Hopefully SW WA can pull through. E WA can go with Idaho or something
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 07 Nov 2018 at 10:28 AM.

Voter fraud is a southern tradition.

9. I think you should look up the definition of voter fraud.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. I think you should look up the definitions of southern and tradition.