Page 761 of 968 FirstFirst ... 747757759760761762763765775 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    RBG is in the hospital with three fractured ribs.
    Revolutionary But Gangsta?

2. Rockin' Boob Girl

3. those titties be bouncin' hard

4. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Yes but my point is that the variable you should probably be looking at is *time*. Meaning "they haven't done anything like this to other people" is more like "they keep getting worse as time passes".

Pretty sure they have attacked Obama for the last several years and keep doing it. This is a group that made up some dumb shit like Pizzagate. Was there a Pizzagate in 1998?

Furthermore, with record turnout, Beto still lost in Texas. People were energized to vote against Beto. Is Beto like Nancy Pelosi? Same with Gillum in FL, same with Abrams in GA. All record turnouts, I believe. Are they Nancy Pelosi?
    Photos of Pelosi juxtaposed alongside photos of Abrams with threatening narration was definitely an oft-recurring theme in Kemp-supporting attack ads and fliers here in GA. Same as it was with Ossoff last year, same as it was with those other states and almost any red/pink state or district race, I'd wager quite confidently. Sticking to the same script is kind of Republicans' thing, I highly doubt GA's campaigns have been going on some wild tangent in their use of her.

There's no shortage of Obama-haters here, but he was never cast in a spoiler role so heavily and with such a venomous snarl in similar ads from the opposing party during his presidency, and invocations of him have almost completely dried up in campaigning afterwards, usually only attached to the '-care' suffix. And he was in a much higher-profile position! If Pelosi's attracting all this infamy as minority whip, the hits on her and anyone attached are only going to get worse the more her head is popping up.

The erosion of right-wing decorum may be a factor, but the big X factor is that Obama was actually popular outside the hard-right sphere. They knew if they went all-in on him, they'd push away the moderates he won and would certainly piss away anyone with Democratic tendencies, so they tended to pull their punches. Pelosi doesn't have that cushion, she's barely even popular among Democrats, and moderates definitely skew towards disliking her. Further poisoning her brand and turning public opinion more and more against her will be easy mode for Repubs.

Again, what exactly is it you like about her so much, anyhow? At the bottom of this all, that's what I'm at a loss for, is why she's just SO goddamn valuable to her defenders as a standard bearer for the party. To my ears, everything out of her mouth has this coppery taste of boilerplate partisanship... and not the good kind of "we're gonna give 'em hell" partisanship that rallies the base effectively, the bad kind that makes her sound pedantic and petty to anyone outside the team. The type that will claim a moral victory as they back away from pursuing any actual victory. I've never heard her come within a country mile of projecting the image of an inspirational leader.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 08 Nov 2018 at 07:29 PM.

5. Oh I don't like her so much, it's more about the feeling that it doesn't matter much who it is. I don't really think you are wrong so much as I don't think there's a ton of difference either way. They'll spin the narrative really hard and focus on someone else. And the same 35 to 40% will eat it up. Just like Jim Acosta. Who knows anything about some CNN journalist?

I'm done with news BTW. I wish they would talk about good countries like Spain or Canada. US is done, it's just constant dumb ass shit.

6. Your'e right —*Pelosi doesn't have half the personality Clinton did, and all of the attack baggage. It's nice to see a liberal person talk strategy without some kind of moral indignation stapled on to it (oh hey Joust). It would be nice to put forth a candidate that isn't a rerun of the 2016 shit show Clinton turned out to be (sorry, but Clinton was just a poor choice). The challenge white women face is they're a progressive choice... but not that progressive intersectionally. Even less so if they're rich.

Beto may have lost in Texas, but his brand was pretty strong. Ayanna Pressley was also a notable standout (too young though)
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Oh I don't like her so much, it's more about the feeling that it doesn't matter much who it is. I don't really think you are wrong so much as I don't think there's a ton of difference either way. They'll spin the narrative really hard and focus on someone else. And the same 35 to 40% will eat it up. Just like Jim Acosta. Who knows anything about some CNN journalist?

I'm done with news BTW. I wish they would talk about good countries like Spain or Canada. US is done, it's just constant dumb ass shit.
    But that's the trick of it — you need someone who they'll spin and it doesn't matter that much. Obama was that guy—so was Clinton (and Bush). Pelosi talks like an annoyed librarian and invokes Clinton-esque privilege. Probably don't give them that much fodder right off the bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. You're right, they should run with someone with multiple failed businesses or a rapist or a child molester. I hear those do well in that demo.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    RBG is in the hospital with three fractured ribs.
    It's time to give up on the SCOTUS, dog. She's out before the end of President Pedophile's term, and he'll put an even worse sack of shit in there now that there's no stopping him. We're not going to see this damage unfucked in our lifetimes. It sucks, but it's the case. Unless, you know, sinbad-real-talk.jpg.

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Rockin' Boob Girl

those titties be bouncin' hard
    I love you so much right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    You're right, they should run with someone with multiple failed businesses or a rapist or a child molester. I hear those do well in that demo.
    If the Democrats were smart (excuse me while I laugh for 45 minutes) they would have started focusing on senate elections through 2024 as soon as the news called the House. Don't even focus on the 2020 Presidential election. Funnel every penny to flipping the Senate and keeping the House, so they can control Congress and make at least 4-5 years of the Pederast in Chief's life shitty. Find some asshole – even a goddamned Republican – and put them on the ticket against him. Isn't that Avenatti guy a douchebag and somewhat interested? Fucking let him run. Give us some entertainment.

10. Sounds reasonable.