Page 763 of 968 FirstFirst ... 749759761762763764765767777 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

please do try to keep up

2. We don't have a party on the left. We've got the crazy-right and centrist, but no left wing party. I'd happily vote for a progressive but let's not wander into fantasyland here.

3. Bernie was pretty left. Think he'll run again? Maybe he'll be toned back too much on the presidential trail though -- that's what happened to McCain.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    They can pick an easily likable democrat
    They can, but they won’t. The superdelegates will coalesce around Warren or Booker or someone equally unelectable, and Trump will eat their lunch.

I still think Hillary will take one more grab at the brass ring. Kerry is hinting as his intentions, as well.

The sad thing is, the Dem bench is stacked with strong possibilities. Joe Biden has a prayer. And if the Dems want to play 2020 in Game Genie mode, they have Tulsi Gabbard and Tammy Duckworth as very strong candidates. Both of them could shut down Trump’s bullying MO pretty damn quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    They can, but they won’t. The superdelegates will coalesce around Warren or Booker or someone equally unelectable, and Trump will eat their lunch.
    You know they effectively got rid of the super-delegates, right? They can only act as a tie breaker when no one gets a majority now.

Warren is also probably not who the establishment wants. I think Warren would be a good president, but I agree not a good candidate to run against Trump. Booker has a shot, but he's polarizing.

Have they changed enough that a popular Democrat could pull what trump pulled? Or do they still have a system to keep out undesirables?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Have they changed enough that a popular Democrat could pull what trump pulled? Or do they still have a system to keep out undesirables?
    It's not a matter of changing. You don't beat an asshole/bully like Chomnk without another asshole/bully. Democrats are too "nice" and too dedicated to taking the high road.

8. It seems like they're dedicated more to the appearance of taking the high road.

9. Yeah.. the fart fumes are clearly messing with that boy’s brains.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    It seems like they're dedicated more to the appearance of taking the high road.
    Same difference since they can't win on the national stage any more.