Page 726 of 968 FirstFirst ... 712722724725726727728730740 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,260 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Also, Kavanaugh's wife looks just like Maura Tierney.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Meh, I wouldn't be surprised if the women are lying. But what does he expect after his thoughts on abortion? Women are tired of this shit.

4. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Also, Kavanaugh's wife looks just like Maura Tierney.
    his mom and I have the same hair, lol

Theoretical question: If Kav was as invested in his family's well being as he says, wouldn't the moral thing to do would to withdraw one's own nomination in the interest of preserving your family's image and privacy? Like "if this is what my job interview looks like, maybe this job can get fucked?" Who would even willingly go through with this? If he bowed out before today, he'd have his position and reputation secured. If he doesn't get confirmed, he's ruined for the rest of his life, AND his family is ruined.
    IDK. I'm seeing a lot of moderate right personalities whose takes I generally like completely take Kav's side, which I do not agree with. If the moderates are siding with him, I think we can figure where this is going. Just what a huge waste of time and money.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Also, Kavanaugh's wife looks just like Maura Tierney.

Theoretical question: If Kav was as invested in his family's well being as he says, wouldn't the moral thing to do would to withdraw one's own nomination in the interest of preserving your family's image and privacy? Like "if this is what my job interview looks like, maybe this job can get fucked?" Who would even willingly go through with this? If he bowed out before today, he'd have his position and reputation secured. If he doesn't get confirmed, he's ruined for the rest of his life, AND his family is ruined.
    IDK. I'm seeing a lot of moderate right personalities whose takes I generally like completely take Kav's side, which I do not agree with. If the moderates are siding with him, I think we can figure where this is going. Just what a huge waste of time and money.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

He'll probably get it just as a protest to the idea that anyone old should be held accountable for their teen years.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post

If he didn't do it then isn't this political coersion (via lying), and wouldn't a judge need to face that for the good of law and order? I actually by default tend to believe rape allegations. I'm not well read enough yet to have come to any conclusions but allegedly Dr. Ford's declared witnesses aren't backing up her account.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post

If he didn't do it then isn't this political coersion (via lying), and wouldn't a judge need to face that for the good of law and order? I actually by default tend to believe rape allegations. I've not read enough yet to have come to any conclusions but allegedly Dr. Ford's declared witnesses aren't backing up her account.

From what I understand the investigators just need circumstantial corroboration to invalidate a nominee.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 28 Sep 2018 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Ah, never mind then. What was he calling out?
    Something about The Left. (I'm actually surprised the name, "George Soros," didn't pass his lips.)

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Who would even willingly go through with this?
    I grew up poor so this is a guess based on the fairly well-off kids around me, but, "Here are my accomplishments, I deserve this," was something they did all the time. He believes he has earned a SCOTUS spot. It's now somewhat endangered so he's lashing out. And make no mistake about it - the claims about his family are part of his list of accomplishments. He doesn't actually care, that was clear from the fake crying. I may not know what wealth & entitlement are like, but I know the show he put on all too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I've not read enough yet to have come to any conclusions but allegedly Dr. Ford's declared witnesses aren't backing up her account.
    You don't need to read anything, dude. Just watch his opening statement. You technically don't even need to watch hers, really, though I can tell you that her testimony did not set off any alarms - so, for comparison.

EDIT: He was indignant about most of the questions, too, and didn't take them seriously. I think Klobuchar was trying to ask him a really serious one, and he Doc'd like a mf. "What kind of beer do you like?" or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Calliander; 28 Sep 2018 at 08:35 AM.

So I assume everyone on tnl believes the accusations?

I can't say either way but it doesn't surprise me. I knew someone would try to block this when he refused to be honest and direct when asked his thoughts on abortion and how he would rule on it.

These guys think they're entitled to these jobs and the job itself is just a game of chess with the "other" or some kind of football game. They don't think for a second about how it impacts people and what they might do to retaliate.

So fuck him even if it's all lies. This is the bed you make when you feel entitled to control other people's bodies.