Page 542 of 968 FirstFirst ... 528538540541542543544546556 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It’s the Fucking Same Shit said every president, it’s only the team colors of the people saying it that change.
    Normally yeah, but in this case the target of the criticism adds daily to his laundry list of shit that should legitimately destroy careers and actively wages a war on the very notion of facts. This is not business as usual.

I never liked the main Republican nominees or presidents, but I've never thought that any of them were irredeemable shitstains who had absolutely no business being anywhere near the office. Hatred for Trump shouldn't be a partisan issue; He's not terrible because he's a Republican, he's terrible because he's just an absolute cockmuppet of a human being. Less a man than a fistful of abhorrent traits and contemptible logic, given howling Lovecraftian flesh.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It’s the Fucking Same Shit said every president, it’s only the team colors of the people saying it that change.
    Come on, man. There has never been anything close to this circus.

3. Uhh no. Lefty has been yelling Literal Hitler since Bush I. Bush II started two wars that persist to this day as basically occupations (on admittedly fabricated intelligence aka lies), reopened Guantanamo, and enacted the worst infringement of personal privacies with the patriot act the breadth of which was uncovered by a guy a decade later who is still exiled to Russia to this day.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. I think you're ignoring the obvious Drew. Does the US Government resemble a functioning institution right now? Did it during Bush and Bush II: This time it's Personal?

5. Functional? Lol

There are over 100 employees without a real security clearance (which is funny because of all the talk about Hilary’s email server)...and this is all one needs to know

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline....202289373/amp/

That’s six year old level.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 15 Feb 2018 at 01:30 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Uhh no. Lefty has been yelling Literal Hitler since Bush I. Bush II started two wars that persist to this day as basically occupations (on admittedly fabricated intelligence aka lies), reopened Guantanamo, and enacted the worst infringement of personal privacies with the patriot act the breadth of which was uncovered by a guy a decade later who is still exiled to Russia to this day.
    I'm not talking about politics. I'm saying this guy has no idea what the presidency is or what he's supposed to do, and most of the people around him don't either. He's rapidly eroding public understanding of the office in a way we have not seen before.

That he's racist and authoritarian and drunk with power... that's nothing new, really. I'm not talking about that.

7. What is the president supposed to do, anyway?
    The last guy was a neo-liberal conman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    I think you're ignoring the obvious Drew. Does the US Government resemble a functioning institution right now? Did it during Bush and Bush II: This time it's Personal?
    Uhh I think it’s poorly run. But oh well? They voted this guy in. I understand the lamentations of Joust and the left leaning. But this is still no reason to burn the democratic system down.

I would’ve hoped a Trump Presidency would have been a call to be less hysterical and reactionary, not more.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 15 Feb 2018 at 08:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Don’t want a Trump to get elected, don’t put someone as divisive as HRC up as your candidate. His ascension to power is as much the left’s fault as it is anyone elses.

10. That we called Bush Hitler too doesn't mean Trump is just another iteration of Bush; it means we exhausted our vocabulary before we encountered a guy who is much, much worse.