Page 1 of 968 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Yield The Trump Presidency

I can't believe I'm creating this thread.

First 100 days
    (Please do what you can to push the term limits and block the environment scrapping - this includes voting out your Congress reps in 2018)

Will Join JFK & Hoover in denying a paycheck

Cabinet May Be The Same Old Party Who Fought Him
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. First!

3. That cabinet sure doesn't feel like sticking it to the man.

4. This is going to be a clown show. Ex-oil executives, lobbiests are licking their chops. The first 100 days is some amazing pie in the sky stuff. Good luck getting 1/4 of that done in 4 years. Congressional term limits isn't going to happen. Mitch Mcconnell already dodged that one. "We already have term limits. Their called elections."

The hearsay is that his transition team is more or less a nest of pit vipers. Factions have solidified (his kids/son in law, his die hard campaign staff/supporters and the Washington crew that has swept in) and they fight about everything, everyone fighting for the coveted jobs. That's why Chris Christie (Trump's son in law hates him because he put his dad in jail for being a colossal crook years ago) got demoted in favor of Mike Pence as the leader of the transition team. Corey Lewandowski is still slinking around and everyone hates him. Trump is in so over his head he doesn't know which way is up.

My favorite leading theory: The moment the GOP establishment gets the chance, they'll impeach him. He does something stupid (gets caught doing back door conflict of interest deals for the Trump Organization) or gets busted in the looming Trump U fraud cases, they'll move on it. They don't like him, they don't trust him, he's not social conservative enough. Mike Pence is a poster child for what they really want.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 12 Nov 2016 at 01:33 PM.

5. If Sarah Palin gets a cabinet position, the righteous, angry tears of those suffering Palin Derangement Syndrome are gonna be delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    They don't like him, they don't trust him, he's not social conservative enough. Mike Pence is a poster child for what they really want.

That's why he needs to push the term limits. Have the balls Clinton & Obama did, veto everything and shut down the government until term limits are put in place.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Mike Pence is a poster child for what they really want.
    A power rangers super villain?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    That's why he needs to push the term limits. Have the balls Clinton & Obama did, veto everything and shut down the government until term limits are put in place.
    They will probably just let it shut down for the next 4 years. They will not take that hit in their power.

They probably won't get reelected though if they do that.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    A power rangers super villain?
    A man they know and can count on to tow the line.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Mitch Mcconnell already dodged that one. "We already have term limits. Their called elections."
    Is that an exact quote?