Page 511 of 968 FirstFirst ... 497507509510511512513515525 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Because one would hope they are there to serve the people.
    Hilarious. The government doesn’t give a fuck about you.

2. At this point I'm thinking the only thing getting any motion is the pee tape. That's something Republicans would respond to. Consenting adults engaging in (kinda gross) sex play must be punished at all costs.

Even if nothing came of the pee tape's release, the fallout would be hilarious.

3. Are you joking? Half of them love that shit, and the other half love to watch insincere apologies about how someone was 'weak' and ' gave in to temptation'.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Something big is brewing. I've gotten a TON of emails.
    Dealings with a Nigerian prince?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Dealings with a Nigerian prince?
    No, the various Trump-related emails. 12 so far today. A few polls, a bunch of requests to "lock in" my status as a supporting member, a few blaming obstructionist liberals for everything.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Hilarious. The government doesn’t give a fuck about you.
    Right. Most politicians are self-serving bastards. Which ones aren't?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Finished Fire and Fury. Some random thoughts:

• Some voices get amplified more than others, especially Bannon, who was clearly the one most willing to consistently dish about every development -- especially when it allows him to distance himself from some clusterfuck or another. Bannon delights in noting his distance from anything to do with Russia, the ensuing denials/coverup, anything military, and several public gaffes. Blame for these is almost always thrown at the feet of Jared and Ivanka (which the book insists on referring to as "Jarvanka," which is so fucking terrible).
    • What's most striking about the whole thing is how little vision there is. Trump has assembled a team of people with disparate and opposing views, all with their own agendas. Trump gives zero fucks about any of it and just wants people to like him, so all of these camps are trying to out-play each other to manipulate the Toddler-in-Chief. All of these people think they're Littlefinger, and they can plot and scheme their way to influence.
    • There are some striking absences from the book. Pence is almost completely omitted -- he's briefly discussed as kind of a stooge/lapdog that most people don't think is very smart, but it's also clear that he's managed to both completely avoid the chaos and controversy of the administration, while sitting in a position that leaves him next in the line of succession. He could be the most skillful player in the whole thing. We also get nothing or only a few words on Rex Tillerson, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Sebastian Gorka, Mattis, and other key players.

The JUMOS thing is probably my fav word to come out of this terrible experiment, but “Jarvanka” is a close second.

Also the Littlefinger analogy is perfect lol

I was wondering about Pence too - has anyone seen him lately? Is he okay? Is he alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Pence shows up to deliver a smug vote every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Yea yea both sides

Anyway here’s a good read

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/9...640132096.html

10. It seems like there's a massive push to dredge up and discredit the Steele dossier on the part of the Trump camp. Given that Trump and his lawyers are probably not very eager to give the dossier unnecessary mindshare, I'd say this seems like a pre-emptive push to head off some public corroboration of things in said dossier. Probably not the part people most remember, alas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Yea yea both sides

Anyway here’s a good read

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/9...640132096.html
    Good read. I tried to slog through this transcript but it's so fucking tedious.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 10 Jan 2018 at 11:41 AM.