Page 448 of 968 FirstFirst ... 434444446447448449450452462 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Mustard is wonderful when you're trying to cut weight. Adds flavor to just about any serving of protein, and you don't pay dearly with the calorie count.

Now when it comes to eating for pleasure? Not so much. Give me a nacho cheesy carb bomb and let's call it a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. On a serious note, I use mustard in all kinds of stuff but what seems to surprise people is when it's the thing that adheres bread crumbs to pork chops or chicken breasts.

I also love that mustard caused such a vibrant discussion in a political thread. Mustard 2020. Sir Kensington's as running mate because Diff is right, their ketchup isn't awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Now when it comes to eating for pleasure? Not so much. Give me a nacho cheesy carb bomb and let's call it a day.
    That's gross. That's a gross way to live.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    On a serious note, I use mustard in all kinds of stuff but what seems to surprise people is when it's the thing that adheres bread crumbs to pork chops or chicken breasts.

I also love that mustard caused such a vibrant discussion in a political thread. Mustard 2020. Sir Kensington's as running mate because Diff is right, their ketchup isn't awful.

That's gross. That's a gross way to live.
    Nachos are gross? That's a mentality I could never pretend to understand.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Nachos are gross? That's a mentality I could never pretend to understand.
    If you're referring to this kind of thing - http://theheritagecook.com/wp-conten...os_online1.jpg - then yeah. Never liked that plate of mess. I think you might have been on your sabbatical when I lost all that weight but I certainly wouldn't eat anything like that now, either.

I'd dip some chips in mustard, though.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    If you're referring to this kind of thing - http://theheritagecook.com/wp-conten...os_online1.jpg - then yeah. Never liked that plate of mess. I think you might have been on your sabbatical when I lost all that weight but I certainly wouldn't eat anything like that now, either.

I'd dip some chips in mustard, though.
    Congrats! I always admire when someone kills a major weight loss goal. I go through periods where I have to cut a lot of weight, and I'll eat healthy and feel great. But human nature always rears its ugly head when that sense of urgency is gone.

For me, I love to melt some velveeta with spicy salsa, open a bag of tortilla chips, and go to town. I love it in the moment, then feel like a piece of shit the day after. But that's me.

6. I've gradually cut out a lot of the crap that I usually go to for comfort food.
    First was soft drinks, then chips and crackers, and now I'm working on sweets.
    Eventually I want to eat nothing but healthy food and dark chocolate.

7. It’s much easier if you cook your own meals every day.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Congrats! I always admire when someone kills a major weight loss goal. I go through periods where I have to cut a lot of weight, and I'll eat healthy and feel great. But human nature always rears its ugly head when that sense of urgency is gone.

For me, I love to melt some velveeta with spicy salsa, open a bag of tortilla chips, and go to town. I love it in the moment, then feel like a piece of shit the day after. But that's me.
    I gained almost 10 freakin pounds this quarter eating like shit because I had no time for anything else. Freshman 15, but more like Junior 10 Gonna work on taking it off over break.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. How does everyone feel about sriracha? The hipster foody trend of drenching stuff in it has died down enough that I can enjoy it without pretense.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. I like its flavour but it barely registers as hot sauce. When I worked at a pizza place in the '90s, we had a spicy chicken pizza with sour cream and sriracha. I couldn't believe some people would complain about it being too spicy. Don't buy something with spicy in the name if you can't handle even mild stuff.