Page 465 of 968 FirstFirst ... 451461463464465466467469479 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Ha, then explain Wall Street, Hollywood, the housing market, and car salesmen.
    Maybe better to say "People don't trust people once they become aware of their bullshitting."

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Can you find these instances? There is an equal chance you didn't care much about the conversation and aren't remembering all of it.
    Nah, but you can scroll up in chat and find one yourself. It was fairly recent. If the chat program has a chat function search for someone saying "CIS friend"

The burden of scrolling up is on the accuser.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Ha, then explain Wall Street, Hollywood, the housing market, and car salesmen.
    Does anyone trust those people? It seems like both sides of the Isle recruit with mistrust of one or the other.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I agree with both of those statements. Trump is my favorite POTUS when he runs his dumb mouth, but then the tax bill and relinquishing public land... when he does stuff, I’m like Fuck. This is part of the asshole package. Dems better get thier shit together and win the House & Senate. Lame Duck Trump would be best Trump.
    If he destroys this country then I'm cool. We suck.

The burden of scrolling up is on the accuser.
    I don't care if I convince you of things that happened. You're so far up your own ass that you'd manage to not believe it anyway. All I hope comes from this is that you're aware of the next time you do it, and how much of a twat you sound when you do.

Just saying it doesn't make me a rwat. Your 1990s white male straght privilege color blindness isn't a virtue.

If I'm saying something that is offensive or would encourage others to beleive or do something harmful to minorities, yeah, let me know.

But if I'm specifically talking about my gay roommate and don't want to use his name, that's mostly fine. If I'm talking about specific life events or trends for gay people, it's fine. Pretending we're all the same and that everyone doesn't have unique life experiences because of their background isn't the right way. If you think it is, you might be an old white man, the liberal counterpart of the old conservative that wishes everyone would just stop talking about whatever minority issue.

If you can't be bothered to look up specific instances I can't be bothered to care. You've been in a bad mood for 2 or 3 weeks and I'm not convinced any of your feedback doesn't stim from that. You'd probably find something else to make accusations of twatiness if it wasnt the gay references.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 08 Dec 2017 at 05:47 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I don't care if I convince you of things that happened. You're so far up your own ass that you'd manage to not believe it anyway. All I hope comes from this is that you're aware of the next time you do it, and how much of a twat you sound when you do.
    This is seriously my beef with news. NPR was my go to, but now 67-75% of their bits are race, sex, orientation focused. Black male, Latinx, lesbian, Muslim person with disabilities and then they talk about fucking bread and how White Privilege appears in a correlation in the availability of broken crust in packaging.

How can you expect that saturation not to affect language in every day conversation?

EDIT: or basically

Your 1990s white male straght privilege color blindness isn't a virtue.
    This.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 08 Dec 2017 at 06:27 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    If he destroys this country then I'm cool. We suck.
    I don't recall typing this earlier. I was all hopped up on goofballs from getting my wisdom teeth removed. Lol.

But if I'm specifically talking about my gay roommate and don't want to use his name, that's mostly fine. If I'm talking about specific life events or trends for gay people, it's fine.
    Spot on with the second sentence. But I don't understand why the first matters. Or I guess I understand why it matters, it's just disappointing that it matters. I asked my friend that wears t-shirts and they agree. My friend with a birthmark disagrees, but whatever. That's just their Czech privilege showing through.

It's unnecessary information at best and name dropping the fact that you're friends with a minority group to appear like whatever the fuck at worst. Is that virtue signaling? There are a lot of terms I haven't googled yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    How can you expect that saturation not to affect language in every day conversation?
    It doesn't change the way I talk about things one bit. I guess I'm expecting too much from everyone else.