Page 437 of 968 FirstFirst ... 423433435436437438439441451 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    ballfaced lies.
    No. Lies are “bold” or “bald” faced.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Sometimes sure. But you’re acting like all of these key issues are neatly summed up by facts or data points. When that’s simply not the case. Most of the grey issues (like gun control for example) come down to the philosophy people use to orient their lives. Do you sacrifice freedom for safety, or equality for individual excellence, etc etc.

The left has been caught with their pants down too.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    No. Lies are “bold” or “bald” faced.
    Just a bad typo or autocorrect. Was going for bald.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 15 Nov 2017 at 12:22 AM.

3. About gun control though, people have different viewpoints on that. My view is that I don't give a damn about guns as a freedom. That's me. Other people (most) don't go that far. They want sensible regulation.

That's different than Fox News, who obfuscates the conversation so much with complete nonsense that the end result is basically 'gotta vote against obummer because mah guns will be taken away'.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 15 Nov 2017 at 12:29 AM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    No it literally began by comparing what sounded like a “reasonably biased” Rachel Maddow on MSNBC against the tyranny of Fox News and a bunch of back patting out how enlightened one side was. They’re all hot biased garbage.

I don’t know why you all of a sudden switched topics to the broader parties. Yes I find the things Trump says often absurdly ballfaced lies. More than your ordinary politician.

These are basically synonyms. I can’t reallt fault Trump for being long of shit mountain if he’s willing to go all in like he does.

He’s actually a very charismatic speaker btw. Far more so than Hilary was. I watched a few of their town halls last summer. The John Oliver piece about his speech patterns misses a lot of the point.
    Who gives a shit how he works a crowd? This is painfully amateur-hour. "Trump may destroy the US' standing in the world, kill hundreds or thousands of people by removing affordable health care, and start a race war, but by god he's fun to watch!" What the hell is wrong with you?

And no, "politician" isn't a synonym for "shit fountain". I'm not saying they're great but this is a false equivalency. I'm saying this as someone living in the state that elected Paul LePage as governor, too.

5. You should care if you hope to understand and overcome your opposition. It’s like the prime wisdom of competition. Trump understands his base and either he or his campaign advisors play the left like a fiddle continuously.

As for Maddow/MSNBC We’d have to get more in to specific cases I guess. But I’ve heard a lot of weird mischaracterizations on the left as recently as the Google memo.

A lot of left outlets including MSNBC said the guy who published the thing was stating biology as to why women are bad at math and that it only cited Wikipedia. Both of those statements were actually untrue.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 15 Nov 2017 at 12:33 AM.

6. I think everyone understands his base, though. At least now. His base is supporting a pedophile in Alabama in a near dead heat. The hope is that the country can continue without them being on board.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 15 Nov 2017 at 12:45 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post

A lot of left outlets including MSNBC said the guy who published the thing was stating biology as to why women are bad at math and that it only cited Wikipedia. Both of those statements were actually untrue.
    The memo author did two hours on the Joe Rogan Podcast a few weeks back, he's a level headed guy who had some good points backed by serious sources. His mistake was not recognizing the nonsense SJW 'hang you by your misquotes' social media culture he was putting that memo out to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I think everyone understands his base, though. At least now. His base is supporting a pedophile in Alabama in a near dead heat. The hope is that the country can continue without them being on board.
    Good thing Trump actively supported Moore's challenger in the primaries. A testament to the man's wisdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude here: You can't possibly believe that. The man knows 100% what he's doing. I can't tell you the road he's on, nor the destination, but his oratory style is deliberate. That has to be apparent, right? You and I listen to him speak, and John Oliver gets his rocks off having someone read it without inflection, and we cringe. But that shit is catnip to the intended audience. We are not that audience.
    You ever see Peter Sellers in the movie Being There? Just because the public relates to something simple-minded does not make it part of some brilliant master plan. Trump is a genuine idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Good thing Trump actively supported Moore's challenger in the primaries. A testament to the man's wisdom.
    Of course this is also an indicator that his base is supporting him for lack of alternatives, rather than genuine loyalty. They'd probably primary his ass too.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 15 Nov 2017 at 07:19 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    You ever see Peter Sellers in the movie Being There? Just because the public relates to something simple-minded does not make it part of some brilliant master plan. Trump is a genuine idiot.

Of course this is also an indicator that his base is supporting him for lack of alternatives, rather than genuine loyalty. They'd probably primary his ass too.
    Primary him? Who do you have in mind? I'm genuinely curious, because to be honest I haven't even considered the possibity. God knows I've already spouted off enough on the Dems' best prospects for 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.