Page 16 of 968 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. This is about listening, the fundamental action of social progress. You go to a Knicks game to watch two teams of men compete. It is war without death. You go to a play to experience a story. To watch, to listen.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 19 Nov 2016 at 04:37 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. No one goes to a Knicks game to watch them compete.

3. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	556 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	79740  
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The guy wasn't tarred and feathered. A few investment bankers and trust fund kids booed over their champagne glasses at him. Then the cast made a perfectly tasteful address. This wasn't exactly a lynch mob.
    Too late. Damage is done. 2% means Trump sets it up, liberals fall for it, the important story is out of the news cycle, and non-liberals look like the heroes for preaching tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Then why not engage in that dialogue instead of booing and yelling like they very lower class you make fun of?
    Tone policing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Funny story here: I very vividly recall getting angry and writing about this. I can hear Chris Matthews in my head asking Pence about ECT and him saying, "If it works, I'm for it. Studies show it has had some effect." Now, that said, ECT for aversion was already well past the long gone stage at that point, and that would have been sometime in 2000/2001. So it's a dumb story but it's interesting. I'm digging through the archives of the site I wrote on to see what the exact wording was.

But if I can't find it ... Mandela effect?

5. Everybody needs to pay attention, and ignore all this pseudo-political bullshit that has no fucking bearing on any of your lives.

Maybe Pence just went to the show for hot tips on how he can mortally wound his enemies as VP?
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 19 Nov 2016 at 06:54 PM.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Tone policing.
    My bad, dawg.

7. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    They did.

The "but Pence was giving them a chance" defense is astonishing. It's like saying a racist white dude is giving black people a shot by taking in a Knicks game. Consuming media produced by people you're telling to fuck off isn't an olive branch.
    I agree. Way too much weird inference. Maybe he doesn't mind exposure to different things but doesn't agree with it? Who cares? How he writes policy is what matters.

I don't think this situation was at all a big talking point btw. Seems like the Tangerine Dream is letting the left take a few easy shots to solidify them as exclusive malcontents.

EDIT: This reminds me of Bush's campaign comment. They misunderestimated me. Yeah these guys are stupid like foxes. They understand you better than you them.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 19 Nov 2016 at 07:17 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Tangerine Dream
    I'll have my people contact your people for payment.

9. You guys are surprised the Vice President is going to the most popular production since Book of Mormon because it's got some white-ass nerdy hippity hop? It's almost like he's not that different from everyone else.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-mean...cow-1479406179

Interesting article about one of the minds behind moscow right now.

It is sad that the right and alt right can't figure out that Russia has infiltrated them.

This shit right here:

is fucking Russian propaganda.