Page 713 of 968 FirstFirst ... 699709711712713714715717727 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,130 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. BonusKun is a gamergater?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Being critical of Anita doesn't make you a gamegater.

3. I heard he and Yoshi have a lot in common.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Being critical of Anita doesn't make you a gamegater.
    Sargon btw is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Benjamin

BK may not consider himself a GGer though, so you know, you gotta defer to him. But it's sort of like saying if someone is Alt-Right, they probably defend Trump. But someone who supports trump may not consider themselves alt-right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Good news: literally nobody is doing or even proposing that.
    Really? What was the outcome of people being critical of drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Sargon btw is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Benjamin

BK may not consider himself a GGer though, so you know, you gotta defer to him. But it's sort of like saying if someone is Alt-Right, they probably defend Trump. But someone who supports trump may not consider themselves alt-right.
    sounds like Bonus left out some of the story

At VidCon 2017, Anita Sarkeesian appeared on a panel discussing online harassment directed towards women. Benjamin and some of his allies, who had frequently criticised Sarkeesian in the past, coordinated to fill the first three rows in the audience and film Sarkeesian.[11][12][13][14] Sarkeesian singled out Benjamin calling him a "garbage human".[15] VidCon founder Hank Green issued a statement stating that Benjamin's and his allies' actions were clear "intimidating behaviour", and apologised for the situation "which resulted in [Sarkeesian] being subjected to a hostile environment that she had not signed up for".[11] Benjamin later said he was not present with the intention of harassing Sarkeesian stating he would like to know how she "would like to be approached".[12] Patreon also investigated the claims of harassment but determined that although they considered his actions "distasteful", Benjamin had not violated their code of conduct.
    He felt the need to get in the first few rows? Hmmmm.

I feel like some of these people do this stuff just to upset others and get clicks. I doubt he planned to do something. But he wanted a rise so he could have something to talk about.

7. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I'm more or less saying things were a lot more simple back then when people like Anita didn't exist to ruin one of my favorite hobbies.
    Bonuskun, how exactly are Anita Sarkeesian and people like her ruining this hobby?

I'm asking legitimately by the way. I've seen her make some really weak stretches of logic in her arguments but nothing that makes the level of vitriol and harassment thrown her way seem even understandable, let alone justifiable.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Come on man you're not even that dense. I'm mean how gaming back was for us back in the early 80s before the internet became a thing. When I was a kid growing up on the Atari 2600, The Commodore 64 and eventually the NES and SNES, I wasn't concerned about if video games were too violent or censored to death. Back then we didn't have games that cost a shitload of money like Destiny did or the whole concept of DLC and microtransactions wasn't a thing back then.

Now we have countries like Belgium making laws about gambling in video games among other things.

I'm more or less saying things were a lot more simple back then when people like Anita didn't exist to ruin one of my favorite hobbies.
    I was pretty worried about video game censorship back then (I already hated the censorship of third-party games by first-parties). Remember Joe Lieberman?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Really? What was the outcome of people being critical of drinking?
    False Equivalence.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I was pretty worried about video game censorship back then (I already hated the censorship of third-party games by first-parties). Remember Joe Lieberman?
    Yeah I definitely remember all the uproar about the censorship stuff. I met Joe a few times via my mother's best friend and once I said something to him about video games not causing violence we never got invited again.