Page 150 of 968 FirstFirst ... 136146148149150151152154164 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Every ski movie would be banned.
    Boo, Hiss.

Every ski movie should be banned.

3. Meatballs?
    Boo, Hiss.

I think revenge of the nerds is now a rape movie too.

5. it always was.

6. Young Frankenstein's parting moral is basically "if you're big, they'll be into it."

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    On some social issues, the so-called "regressive" position is the more desirable option. I don't give a flying fuck where you tinkle, but keep your 58 genders and imaginary pronouns to yourself.
    Young adults have always gotten annoyingly overzealous with liberal pet issues, that's nothing new. There's usually a perfectly reasonable point buried under all that junk, though.

Hunkering down on a completely contrarian view, less because you're against the buried point and more because 'fuck those annoying tumblrinas,' doesn't win you the gold medal in the maturity Olympics. It's the same brand of childishness, which looks a lot worse on you when you don't have the out of actually being a dumb kid.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 26 Feb 2017 at 10:12 AM.

7. Whatever happened to common sense? Man puts on a wig and wants to go to girls locker room. You say no. If they are trans, say you need a note from their doctor. Show note from doctor, let them in, if they are of hte same age.

Same age? I'm talking about someone with whatever degree of transition overall walking around with their full on normal dick out in a mixed age locker room. Whether or not that person has a note, the female women in the locker room/showers are not going to be cool with it. Not spontaneously, anyway. Likewise, I'm sure a female transitioning to man isn't going to feel comfortable showering with a bunch of biological men, due to their expected response.

Ideally, we end up with sci-fi communal locker rooms, and public restrooms are just that, but there's a lot of social engineering that needs to take place first.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Young adults have always gotten annoyingly overzealous with liberal pet issues, that's nothing new. There's usually a perfectly reasonable point buried under all that junk, though.

Hunkering down on a completely contrarian view, less because you're against the buried point and more because 'fuck those annoying tumblrinas,' doesn't win you the gold medal in the maturity Olympics. It's the same brand of childishness, which looks a lot worse on you when you don't have the out of actually being a dumb kid.
    Five years ago, you would have been on point. But the tumblrina turds are floating to the surface in our public discourse. We're used to college kids doing stupid shit, like demanding safe spaces and puppy rooms, insisting that they be called by imaginary words, etc. What we're not used to is faculty coddling them and playing along.

Case in point: The "buried point" here is transgender use of public restrooms. I have no position on this. I don't care, not one bit. I have no desire to block people from using whichever option makes them comfortable. But that's not good enough for trans advocates. If you're not sufficiently enthusiastic about where someone makes wet, you're Literal Hitler.

Their "allies" (safety pins firmly affixed) aren't doing them any favors among the saner portion of the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

9. Haha I don't think anyone does the safety pin thing anymore. That lasted like a week, tops.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post

Same age? I'm talking about someone with whatever degree of transition overall walking around with their full on normal dick out in a mixed age locker room. Whether or not that person has a note, the female women in the locker room/showers are not going to be cool with it. Not spontaneously, anyway. Likewise, I'm sure a female transitioning to man isn't going to feel comfortable showering with a bunch of biological men, due to their expected response.

Ideally, we end up with sci-fi communal locker rooms, and public restrooms are just that, but there's a lot of social engineering that needs to take place first.
    This reminds me of the southpark episode where a dick on a mouse runs around town and scares people.

Who knew that fear of shrunken hrt dicks was the last vein of puritanism in Americans.