Page 251 of 968 FirstFirst ... 237247249250251252253255265 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Did anyone think there were tapes?
    Of course not.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Wait, i've been busy all day.....there's no tapes?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Surprise! Trump lied.

4. when trump lied, no one died

5. This new health care bill is fucked up.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Chumpcare.

7. I'd have so much more respect for republicans if they were critical of the way things were playing out, even if it's...roughly, sort-of in their favor. There's nothing worse than someone agreeing with you for the wrong reason, because it undermines the logical structure your beliefs are based on...but, this doesn't really seem to bother Republicans. It's like, every hypocritical thing, and there's a near endless list, are secondary to giving tax breaks to the rich or deregulating declining industries.

Is it an issue of ends justify the means? Is Trump just that buffoon'ish means that put certain policies in the proximity of what conservatives care about? There's just so little substance to anything this administration has done, I don't understand how even supporters could be happy with it.

I'm much more able to criticize something I like that's almost perfect. I'm invested, I care, and I have opinions on what could be improved with the context of already being intellectually compatible. How is it that Trump supporters never have anything critical to say?

8. I've read a theory that the GOP is going to ride this administration hell or to high water to basically own the Supreme Court for decades. Install as many conservatives as possible, everywhere in the chain to rule law making.

The thing I don't get is what they (those who wrote it in secret and are shoving a vote on it in like a week) think the end game of this healthcare bill is. There is a very real chance that it'll fuck over a massive population of active voters and I don't know how they could not be branded for making healthcare worse. How fast it happens could make a difference in curbing public hysteria and keep many of the GOP from being voted out. The moderates who need to be swayed to vote want the timetable of Medicaid getting gutting pushed back as far out as possible. This Senate bill pushed the necks being stepped on from 2020 to 2024 over the Super Turbo Batshit Crazy House bill. The Senate bill has a tighter cap on how much Medicaid will pay over what the House bill proposed so that date might not even matter much as people could find their coverage cut off way before 2024.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 23 Jun 2017 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    I'd have so much more respect for republicans if they were critical of the way things were playing out, even if it's...roughly, sort-of in their favor. There's nothing worse than someone agreeing with you for the wrong reason, because it undermines the logical structure your beliefs are based on...but, this doesn't really seem to bother Republicans. It's like, every hypocritical thing, and there's a near endless list, are secondary to giving tax breaks to the rich or deregulating declining industries.

Is it an issue of ends justify the means? Is Trump just that buffoon'ish means that put certain policies in the proximity of what conservatives care about? There's just so little substance to anything this administration has done, I don't understand how even supporters could be happy with it.

I'm much more able to criticize something I like that's almost perfect. I'm invested, I care, and I have opinions on what could be improved with the context of already being intellectually compatible. How is it that Trump supporters never have anything critical to say?
    You live in a country where people will support rapists, animal abusers and murderess if they are on their team. This is football and he's the new star QB. Who cares if he does vile things if he brings home the game?

Thats how these people think. Especially conservatives. It isn't about what is right. Its about winning.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 23 Jun 2017 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    The thing I don't get is what they (those who wrote it in secret and are shoving a vote on it in like a week) think the end game of this healthcare bill is. There is a very real chance that it'll fuck over a massive population of active voters and I don't know how they could not be branded for making healthcare worse.
    I hope you realize that this post could have been written ~5 years ago and would have carried at least as much truth. The people who like the throw out big numbers that will lose their insurance don't seem to realize that the current law is not even remotely sustainable and will lead to far larger losses if allowed to reach its inevitable conclusion. And it was written in secret and even voted on before anyone got the chance to fully read it. Hypocrites indeed.

I've read a theory that the GOP is going to ride this administration hell or to high water to basically own the Supreme Court for decades. Install as many conservatives as possible, everywhere in the chain to rule law making.
    This was made necessary when liberals started legislating from the bench. The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is the poster child. They don't give a flying fuck what is Constitutional or not, which should literally be their only concern.

Ginsberg cannot die fast enough.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 23 Jun 2017 at 09:56 AM.