Page 281 of 968 FirstFirst ... 267277279280281282283285295 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    trample the states.
    healthcare
    Click for full size

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That's what happens when the Feds grossly overstep their bounds and trample the states.
    Oh, fuck off.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Remember that part about increasing complexity beyond resources?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

We have the resources for that.

5. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. We can argue about this all day, but you can't sit there with a straight face and say providing universal healthcare to this nation of fat fucks isn't going to increase complexity and expedite our collapse.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. To responsibly provide healthcare you need to end corn subsidies, provide healthcare for only children, then require yearly physicals to maintain free health care. After a generation everybody has free healtchare and we stop living like hogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    We can argue about this all day, but you can't sit there with a straight face and say providing universal healthcare to this nation of fat fucks isn't going to increase complexity and expedite our collapse.
    The complexity coin has two sides (maybe more). There is the side people like me and you see, where people fix problems and the fixes usually require energy and resources.

The other side is the coin is the burden of "corruption, collusion, and nepotism" on a system. Do you know that is what the concluded cause of the Fukushima disaster was?

Three investigations into the Fukushima disaster showed the man-made nature of the catastrophe and its roots in regulatory capture associated with a "network of corruption, collusion, and nepotism."[338][339] Regulatory capture refers to the "situation where regulators charged with promoting the public interest defer to the wishes and advance the agenda of the industry or sector they ostensibly regulate." Those with a vested interest in specific policy or regulatory outcomes lobby regulators and influence their choices and actions. Regulatory capture explains why some of the risks of operating nuclear power reactors in Japan were systematically downplayed and mismanaged so as to compromise operational safety.[339]
    Many reports say that the government shares blame with the regulatory agency for not heeding warnings and for not ensuring the independence of the oversight function.[340] The New York Times said that the Japanese nuclear regulatory system sided with and promoted the nuclear industry because of amakudari ('descent from heaven') in which senior regulators accepted high paying jobs at companies they once oversaw. To protect their potential future position in the industry, regulators sought to avoid taking positions that upset or embarrass the companies. TEPCO's position as the largest electrical utility in Japan made it the most desirable position for retiring regulators. Typically the "most senior officials went to work at TEPCO, while those of lower ranks ended up at smaller utilities."[341]
    In August 2011, several top energy officials were fired by the Japanese government; affected positions included the Vice-minister for Economy, Trade and Industry; the head of the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, and the head of the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy.[342]
    In 2016 three former TEPCO executives, chairman Tsunehisa Katsumata and two vice presidents, were indicted for negligence resulting in death and injury.[211][343] In June 2017 the first hearing took place, in which the three pleaded not guilty to professional negligence resulting in death and injury.[344]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukush...clear_disaster.

I guess if we just added universal healthcare without fixing anything else, yeah, it would be a drain. But if we fixed other things it would even out or be cheaper in the long run.

And you have to try now. You can't wait for perfection or for everything to line up. It lines up after the fact. Nothing is perfect starting.

also, lawl at japan passing this in response to Fukushima.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Secrecy_Law

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That's what happens when the Feds grossly overstep their bounds and trample the states.
    The same Republican party that doesn't consider restricting a woman's uterus, restricting pot, or telling people who they can marry or sleep with, all at the national level, to be "grossly overstepping their bounds and trampling the states."