Page 561 of 968 FirstFirst ... 547557559560561562563565575 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    If a vat of acid exploded on me at work, should I be the only one not invited to the meeting on safety policy reform because my wiener injury precludes objectivity?
    Don't confuse me for memes on the chans or your facebook. No one is saying they shouldn't have a voice. Or get to march.

But their desired changes shouldn't be allowed unquestioned.

To use your analogy, yeah, if I got acid on me, I shouldn't get to single handily get to change all the safety policies around acid. If the experience was traumatic enough, I might desire it to just be eliminated from the work place. Or for the whole place to just shut down and whatever thing that uses acid to no longer be made.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 24 Feb 2018 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post

I sincerely don’t see how you can call me a little Andrew. You keep trying to correlate the anti gun movement with shit like anti lgbt and anti abortion and prohibition, but there’s a major factor missing from all those movements that make them poor analogies. People are anti gun because other people use them to hurt people. No one can walk into a room and kill half its occupants with their gayness. Neither can someone throw a recently ejected fetus into a crowd and seriously injure anyone. No one can pop open a bottle of jager and spray it at someone and end their life. Jager can certainly be involved in someone hurting someone else (sometimes in conjuction with a gun!) but it’s not the tool being used directly to do so.

Guns are. That’s why people want to limit the kinds and amounts that others are allowed to have. It’s no different than nuclear weapons. Even if only one person out of the entire nation would misuse their nuke, that’s reason enough to outlaw it for everyone. Half our legislation is put in place to protect people from themselves or others.
    Your point would have been better had you left out abortion.

Some people do think that ever abortion is murder. in 2014 there were 652,639 legal induced abortions. Some people think every one of those was a murder. That is about .2% of the population each year.

And there will be crickets in regards to this comment, because most of you agree with women having the option of abortion.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Its only "most dismissive, surface level shithead way to say it" because you disagree with it. If this was something you did agree with, like conservatives should get over trans people in bathrooms or the right should get over welfare abuse, you'd just nod your head.

This isn't the first time I've broken an issue down into raw %. No one has anything to say when they agree with the point before reading it.
    ???

This is a really weird way to come at a person that just tried to give your argument the benefit of the doubt and parsed it into something they somewhat agreed with, instead of dismissing it outright.

4. I think it's murder.
    But it's always the murder of someone else. It can't possibly affect me. Whereas a gun can. That's why my point stands.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Extrapolate the numbers for airline hijackers vs. regular people. I bet the number is even smaller. Yet every individual has to have their rights violated every time they board a plane.

Extrapolate the numbers for people within the US planning terrorist acts vs. regular people. I bet the number is even smaller. Yet every individual has to have their rights violated every time they use some form of electronic communication.
    This is shitty cultural development, though.

As an aside from this tired gun convo I am also a bit curious as to why you keep asserting that the gov exists to protect minorities as if that is a core mandate? That’s a portion of the government developed in recent times to stop the social decline of low income black communities.

The government ideally works as a fulcrum that holds us accountable to our agreed upon behaviours in a balanced way. It shouldn’t really care that much about ethnicity. When it does you get bad ideas like we’re going through up here like giving Quebec and First Nations communities their own adjacent judicial systems.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 24 Feb 2018 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Don't confuse me for memes on the chans or your facebook. No one is saying they shouldn't have a voice. Or get to march.

But their desired changes shouldn't be allowed unquestioned.

To use your analogy, yeah, if I got acid on me, I shouldn't get to single handily get to change all the safety policies around acid.
    Then what is
    I don't want people that have witnessed a gun murder deciding gun law anymore than I want someone that has been around or has been raped to decide laws around rape or other sexual misconduct.
    responding to? Who is saying we should turn the entire legislature over to the Stoneman Douglas survivors?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    This is shitty cultural development, though.

As an aside from this tired gun convo I am also a bit curious as to why you keep asserting that the gov exists to protect minorities as if that is a core mandate? That’s a portion of the government developed in recent times to stop the social decline of low income black communities.

The government ideally works as a fulcrum that holds us accountable to our agreed upon behaviours in a balanced way. It shouldn’t really care that much about ethnicity. When it does you get bad ideas like we’re going through up here like giving Quebec and First Nations communities their own adjacent judicial systems.
    hey...psst...minorities can be comprised of more than just ethnicity. For example, almost 260 years ago a minority got pissed about taxation without representation and gave the established government the big heave ho.

8. Yeah okay. I was actually asking about your thoughts on the matter not looking to contradict them or some shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    hey...psst...minorities can be comprised of more than just ethnicity. For example, almost 260 years ago a minority got pissed about taxation without representation and gave the established government the big heave ho.
    It really depends on what side of the pond you were on.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post

As an aside from this tired gun convo I am also a bit curious as to why you keep asserting that the gov exists to protect minorities as if that is a core mandate? ...It shouldn’t really care that much about ethnicity...
    Sorry, this is what I saw.