Page 591 of 968 FirstFirst ... 577587589590591592593595605 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Would you be comfortable saying that if you weren't imagining rural whites in your head?
    Bruh you really gonna argue that gun control is an attack on white culture.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    This has gotten real dumb, real quick.
    It actually started that way.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    People cant/won't control themselves. Sky fairy won't do it either. Doesn't leave a lot of options. Now please remind me, who would institute/ enforce the longer wait times?

I'm not sure if it's willful, I don't know, assholism on his part or not but IP keeps bringing up shit that will kill you that you do yourself as if that's comparable to what we're discussing. I guess to an engineer's mind dead is dead, but there is a significance difference between me eating yams to death and me going to school or a concerts and being murdered. It's the whole murder part of it I guess. There is also a difference between that and gang members shooting each other over drug territory. Wanna make strides to fix that? Legalize drugs. But then you're presented with another problem. I'm told a lot of people turn to running drugs because it's that or some bullshit minimum wage job. So how do we employee a large Urban population now that we've taken away the only manner of business the know. It's really no different than the Jews. Everyone bitches about them controlling the finance world when that was all they were allowed to do to support themselves.
    King sugar murders us all, maaaannnnn

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    This is a behavioral issue and not a material issue, so why would material legislation effect it and what evidence is there that ever worked?
    Literally every other country on Earth.

It's true that we have too many guns, and a psychotic culture revolving around them that makes real gun control all but impossible at this point. I won't say otherwise. But I will say if we had any fucking sense 20-30 years ago, we wouldn't have gotten here.

5. That's the Republican Way.

Climate change.

"No."

*5 years later*

Climate change.

"No such thing."

*5 years later*

We should really do something about climate change.

"Nah."

*5 years later*

We are going to be fucked if we don't do something about climate change now.

"Nope."

*5 years later*

Well, we've doomed the planet. We need to do something to at least stave off the end times for a bit.

"Yeah, you're right, but it's too late now; should've done something 20 years ago. Nothin' we can do."

Have you looked up what the word Conservative means?

Like, resistance to change is their major platform.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Literally every other country on Earth.
    Please pay attention to the definitions of the words you type.

"Literally every other country on Earth" has stricter gun controls than the US.

Of all of these countries with stricter gun control, 44% have less homicides. 56% have more homicides. More gun control and more homicides.

Locally, among the American continents, 77% have more homicides and more gun control than the US.

Drug overdoses, deaths from aleardy banned substances, account for 2x the deaths of US citizens than guns.

Alcohol related deaths, a substance once banned and then unbanned, account for 2.6x the deaths of US citizens. 2.6 people die from alcohol for every gun fatality.

The United States' gun violence issue is cool, it's hip, and trendy. But, it is less significant than violence issues in the majority of the world, and less significant than drug overdoses, alcohol poisoning or drinking and driving.

If outlawing drugs or outlawing drinking and driving hasn't reduced deaths, why will outlawing guns?

Sources: read the thread; they're all up there.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 30 Mar 2018 at 10:54 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Please pay attention to the definitions of the words you type.

"Literally every other country on Earth" has stricter gun controls than the US.

Of all of these countries with stricter gun control, 44% have less homicides. 56% have more homicides. More gun control and more homicides.
    Woah, shit, you mean different countries have different circumstances? And we can't reduce every issue to a single data point? That's fucking mind blowing!

That the US does not match the third world in homicides is hardly a victory. That the US is singular in its rate of gun deaths among developed, high-income countries is undeniable.

Locally, among the American continents, 77% have more homicides and more gun control than the US.
    And well over 90% of those guns come from America where they can be purchased easily.

Drug overdoses, deaths from aleardy banned substances, account for 2x the deaths of US citizens than guns.

Alcohol related deaths, a substance once banned and then unbanned, account for 2.6x the deaths of US citizens. 2.6 people die from alcohol for every gun fatality.

The United States' gun violence issue is cool, it's hip, and trendy. But, it is less significant than violence issues in the majority of the world, and less significant than drug overdoses, alcohol poisoning or drinking and driving.

If outlawing drugs or outlawing drinking and driving hasn't reduced deaths, why will outlawing guns?

Sources: read the thread; they're all up there.
    Right, and terrorism accounts for less than a percent of either of those, but our response to 9-11 was not to say "fuck it." We said "We can do better at preventing this," and for the most part we have.

This is not about ending murder, it's about making a particular sort of particularly tragic crime more difficult and less common, and that's something we can do. Since tightening gun laws in 2002 Australia has managed to have ZERO mass shootings. They still have murders (more than we do, even), but they don't have people shooting up schools and killing random children.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 30 Mar 2018 at 11:40 PM.

What I'd the point of making one for of homicide less common if it doesn't actually lower total homcides?

Do you guys even understand that question? Your emotional response to this topic is so intense, I'm not sure you do.