Page 684 of 968 FirstFirst ... 670680682683684685686688698 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. What liberals stick up for Saudi Arabia?

I don't want headwear imposed on women like in Saudia Arabia.

I don't want headwear on women banned like in France.

I want women to have the choice. That's what liberalism is. Any other stance is illiberal.

I feel like this is a fairly representative stance.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 09 Aug 2018 at 05:27 PM.

2. I'd say the entire thing is worth watching because Jones is hilariously out of his mind, but Cumia's take starting at 22:30 and going through to the end is hard to argue against.

3. Oh Papi’s wild!

In Other News: Trump’s Star Multiplies
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Any other stance is illiberal.
    You're right but you're still a snowsoycuckflakeboy.

EDIT: Kanye's face when Kimmel asked whether Trump or anyone cares about black people. Fucking gold.

ye.jpg
    Last edited by Calliander; 10 Aug 2018 at 09:42 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'd say the entire thing is worth watching because Jones is hilariously out of his mind, but Cumia's take starting at 22:30 and going through to the end is hard to argue against.

I'm nervous about mega corporations arbitrating speech too, but this isn't a first amendment issue any more than banning or filtering spam is.

6. It absolutely isn't a first amendment issue. The government didn't shut him down...directly. But I won't even go there because though I do believe politicians are puppets for the mega corporations, I don't really think they're out to shut Jones up because he knows about gay frogs.

But it is an extension of the McCarthy Plan To Eradicate The Opposition. The government doesn't need to censor you if the media is controlled by a handful of corporations and they decide to. Putting you out of work is better than putting you into jail.
    Like Anthony said, don't want to see/listen to it? Turn it off. Don't believe it? Debate it. But a vocal minority getting to decide what gets to be aired or not is ridiculous, and it happens on both sides of the aisle.

7. They're creating a great opportunity for competitors that take a more hands-off approach to content.

8. Not if no one but whack a doodles will advertise on the hands-off platform, because all the "normal" companies are too scared tweets of boycott will spread across the digiverse.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It absolutely isn't a first amendment issue. The government didn't shut him down...directly. But I won't even go there because though I do believe politicians are puppets for the mega corporations, I don't really think they're out to shut Jones up because he knows about gay frogs.

But it is an extension of the McCarthy Plan To Eradicate The Opposition. The government doesn't need to censor you if the media is controlled by a handful of corporations and they decide to. Putting you out of work is better than putting you into jail.
    Like Anthony said, don't want to see/listen to it? Turn it off. Don't believe it? Debate it. But a vocal minority getting to decide what gets to be aired or not is ridiculous, and it happens on both sides of the aisle.
    Debating nazis and allowing them platforms to reach the masses just legitimizes them and allows them to spread their disease. Shit like Alex Jones that flat out incites violence should not be debated, it should be squashed.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. LOL churches never like to be challenged. Part of faith is denying any alternative.

The 1st amendment only applies to the government, no matter which team you are on.

I need to watch that Kimel video. I’m team Ye to the death, yo.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt