Page 467 of 968 FirstFirst ... 453463465466467468469471481 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. The problem with the Republican party right now is every single person running has to run hard right in order to satisfy the Tea Party types and the religious types because being a moderate on social issues or financial issues means you're a fucking communist. I think Kasich had some sort of anti-abortion thing that would have kept moderates from voting for him, so he wasn't going to win. Looking at the candidates that ran for the GOP nomination it was easy to see Trump winning the nomination, they were all fucking stooges and barely a minute away from drooling. Whether it was a setup for Bush and Trump screwed it up for him or if it was really all just a setup for Trump I don't know, but not a single one of the people on stage for those debates inspired any kind of interest in me.

2. CNN: Trump escalates "rigged system" rhetoric amid Russia probe.
    Why does Trump protest so much? HMMM? It just got much harder to believe (than it already is) that he isn't guilty of something impeachable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Collinson @ CNN
    But the idea that Trump could fire Mueller should be taken seriously. That's despite the possibility it could trigger turmoil and potentially resignations at the Justice Department, severe political damage to the President himself and potentially a constitutional crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preet Bharara
    I still worry in a real way that Donald Trump may decide to cause the firing of Robert Mueller.
    Trump was clearly afraid of Comey, and I'm sure he fears Mueller. So let's say Trump gets Mueller fired. It's going to look shady as hell.
    Take Newt Gingrich's previous praise of Mueller, and now his recent stance of calling him "corrupt". Gingrich is a fucking lackey and so is Jim Jordan. Mueller has a longstanding good reputation.

3. Trump should have already been impeached. He’s unfit for the job, illegal doings or not.

4. I genuinely believe the fact he didn't fire Mueller months ago is proof that a whole bunch of Congresspersons on both sides have in private told him very firmly that it's a red line - if he does it, they'll reinstate the special prosecutor law. Now, I wouldn't put it past him to call their bluff, nor the Republicans to buckle, given Turtle Boy's about-face on refusing to seat Roy Moore. But I think the (relatively-)non-batshit wing of the party recognizes they can't afford to let this stand; just because Putin backed their guy this time doesn't mean he will next time.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 10 Dec 2017 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Trump is not even the real problem, he's just a symptom.
    Every spineless career politician that held their nose and swallowed this steaming orange turd needs to get the boot.

6. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    I genuinely believe the fact he didn't fire Mueller months ago is proof that a whole bunch of Congresspersons on both sides have in private told him very firmly that it's a red line
    I don't think he can fire Mueller. It would be up to the Attorney General. But since our Attorney General has recused himself from the investigation, the firing decision rests with the deputy AG who, but all accounts, is fine with Mueller.

8. Right, Trump can’t fire Mueller directly, but he can demand the person who can do so, fire them if they refuse, repeat until he gets his way. That’s how Nixon ended the Watetgate investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Sounds like a sure fire plan.

10. Every time I look in here there’s a new impeachment conspiracy going on. When will ya’ll learn one cannot stump the Trump.