Page 576 of 968 FirstFirst ... 562572574575576577578580590 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. You also know he isn't posting actual facts right? Like his chart up there isn't homicide rates for example, and his argument is a blatant trolling lie. Oh and don't forget that homicide rates are not the same as gun homicide rates.
    Like for serious, your arguing that we haven't researched while saying he makes a good point by for serious lying and trolling means you obviously have not researched and just want to latch on to whatever you agree with.

FUCKING SERIOUS PEOPLE, STOP READING AND BELIEVING/SERIOUSLY REPLYING TO ANY OF THE 4CHAN SHIT THAT DOC POSTS. IT'S ALL A TROLL, HE IS NOT MAKING AN ARGUMENT AND IF YOU AGREE WITH HIM YOU'RE ALMOST DEFINITELY WRONG.
    Last edited by bbobb; 25 Mar 2018 at 03:23 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Game, set, bbobb.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I’m not so sure. It’s only a matter of time before gun reform happens.
    Maybe, maybe not. Personally I think it will happen because with the prevalence of cellphones, eventually someone is going to get footage of a shooter executing a very pretty 8 to 14 year old white girl, and that will finally melt the hearts of the anti-abortion crowd. Thats what it always takes, and that will eventually happen. America lost its taste for war after seeing footage of Vietnam. And the south didn't get rid of its extremely racist Vagrancy Laws until a young white man was beat to death while being charged with them.

Not that it will make anything better. IF someone actually commits an act evil enough to get this stuff passed, it will probably just encourage more mass shootings. It will just up the reward for their sick power fantasies. "oh man, I can control so many people with one act that I can change the whole US, forever."

Until then, its just going to get worse. Conservative politics and conservative religion has been married. When something becomes part of a religion it becomes set in stone and viral. It is passed from parent to child. In Gun we trust, he sent his only begotten AK so that he may shoot for our sins.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Oh and don't forget that homicide rates are not the same as gun homicide rates.
    What does this even matter?

Do you want fewer people to die, or fewer people to die by a specific method? What good does it do to get rid of mass shootings if they are replaced with bombings or truckings? What good does it do to prevent crime related gun homicides if they instead just beat the guy to death or stab him?

Admit it, this isn't about making the country safer or better, its about protecting yourself. That is what gun control has always been about, privileged whites trying to protect themselves. Thats why it was started when the black panthers started to arm themselves. And thats why people want it now with mass shootings. Because mass shootings are random. Someone might just pop in and do one, even though they are less likely than being hit by lightening. Brothers shooting each other in some low income shithole you live 1 to 2 hours from? Who cares about that, those guns are fine.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    You also know he isn't posting actual facts right? Like his chart up there isn't homicide rates for example, and his argument is a blatant trolling lie. Oh and don't forget that homicide rates are not the same as gun homicide rates.
    Like for serious, your arguing that we haven't researched while saying he makes a good point by for serious lying and trolling means you obviously have not researched and just want to latch on to whatever you agree with.

FUCKING SERIOUS PEOPLE, STOP READING AND BELIEVING/SERIOUSLY REPLYING TO ANY OF THE 4CHAN SHIT THAT DOC POSTS. IT'S ALL A TROLL, HE IS NOT MAKING AN ARGUMENT AND IF YOU AGREE WITH HIM YOU'RE ALMOST DEFINITELY WRONG.
    You sound like a climate change denier or one of those creationists. You can’t ignore the facts, sweetie.

The Global homicide rate is 6.2.
    The US is below that at 4.88.
    Our local continental homicide rate is 16.3.

You can start adding qualifiers to that to create some correlation which makes you feel better, but it’s irrelevant.

The US has better than average violence rates, while at the same time having the only laws guaranteeing citizens the rights to arm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_..._and_bear_arms
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate

Murder is murder. Why is the tool or income of the murder so important?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Admit it, this isn't about making the country safer or better, its about protecting yourself. That is what gun control has always been about, privileged whites trying to protect themselves. Thats why it was started when the black panthers started to arm themselves. And thats why people want it now with mass shootings. Because mass shootings are random. Someone might just pop in and do one, even though they are less likely than being hit by lightening. Brothers shooting each other in some low income shithole you live 1 to 2 hours from? Who cares about that, those guns are fine.
    Would you like to call me Hitler as well for the whole hat trick?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Who cares about that, those guns are fine.
    I didn’t say that. Also, as we keep seeing proof again and again, it’s easier to do a lot of damage far away with a rapid fire gun than intimately with a knife.

Let’s see what happens with better gun control. I mean, give me a worst case scenario here. Someone mad about them taking their guns goes insane and builds bombs? Person was nuts to begin with and would just as easily do something now.

We’ve had more resources spent on these sham Congressional Intel committees than we have even attempting to fix gun control. We’re spenind far more taxpayer money on Trump’s endless vacations than we have on gun control. I’m tired of hearing why so-and-so won’t work when we haven’t attempted to do a damn thing. Republicans are talking about mental health all the time but they cut funding for it. It’s bullshit and that talk is over.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 25 Mar 2018 at 04:07 PM.

9. What qualifiers would you like to add to those bottom line numbers to create a specific area of concern?

Income? Ok let’s lower homicides by changing laws to improve economic accessibility?

What else you got?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Let’s see what happens with better gun control. I mean, give me a worst case scenario here.
    Honduras? Venezuela? Summer Olypics Host, Brazil? Mexico? Gun controls measure are not working there.

Czech Republic doesn’t have a constitutional right to bear arms, however they do have very lax gun laws and conceal carry permits, and their GDP per capita is 1/3 of ours and close to Brazil.

Brazil
    Gun Control
    “the Brazilian Department of Justice (Ministério da Justiça), which performs each individual's mandatory background check, have been forbidding almost every citizen from buying guns,[8][9] based on the Executive Order # 5.123”
    Gun Death Rate 21.9
    GDP per cap $16K

Czech Republic
    Gun Control
    “Unlike in most other European countries, the Czech gun legislation also permits a citizen to carry a concealed weapon for self-defense – 240,000 out of some 300,000 legal gun owners have concealed carry permit.”
    Gun Death Rate 2.01
    GDP per cap $22K

United States
    No Gun Control
    Gun Death Rate 10.45
    GDP per cap $62K

Gun Death stat: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 25 Mar 2018 at 04:42 PM.