Page 577 of 968 FirstFirst ... 563573575576577578579581591 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. So there’s no worst case scenario then, since the US isn’t Brazil. Gotcha.

2. You don't even have to leave the US for evidence gun control is ineffective as it is in Chicago and California. If the US bans guns, they will still be purchased through undocumented methods: see Chicago, Mexico, or Brazil. (source)

If tighter Gun control is the solution, why is crime worse in Chicago, Mexico or Brazil with tighter regulations, but better in Czech Republic with lax regulations?
    If poverty is the issue, why is Czech gun deaths 1/10 of Brazil while both have less than 1/3 of the US wealth?

Meet the Press bit today:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...-1194523203538
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Tighter gun control isn’t THE solution, though, and that’s the problem. You can do many things, stricter control and harsher penalties (which I am sure Brazil does not enforce since many areas are completely lawless) is just the tip of the iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Would you like to call me Hitler as well for the whole hat trick?
    This isn't a counter argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Let’s see what happens with better gun control. I mean, give me a worst case scenario here.
    Worst case? The homicide rate stays about the same or goes up. Burglaries go up. Rape goes up. The US loses a right that it had that others don't have and the world moves towards being an indistinguishable mush with the US being towards the bottom as outer countries have better culture and better laid out cities. "Do I want to live in the US with the same laws and shitty looking cities, everything is spread out, bible thumpers, and I can't walk to anything or move to Eruope or the UK that has all the same laws, 1000s of years of culture, awesome buildings, everything is walkable, no bible thumpers, etc."

Really, if we became diet Europe why would anyone live here? It sure as shit isn't the land prices and all the Burger Kings.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Tighter gun control isn’t THE solution, though, and that’s the problem. You can do many things, stricter control and harsher penalties (which I am sure Brazil does not enforce since many areas are completely lawless) is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Well now we're getting somewhere. The argument is so polarized that gun rights advocates won't even discuss bump stocks and gun control advocates only speak with the generalized word gun.

I don't know why we can't get anywhere with registries or education or anything limiting gun rights only from those with behavioral problems, since it's only 1 in 1,000,000 Americans who we need to restrict guns from. And then, it's only a matter of that person finding another method to kill, such as the Austin guy or the truck guy in New York. Banning Assault rifles will not identify or even prevent the person wanting to kill with the rifle from killing; however mandatory gun classes or registrations can identify that person and then steps may be taken to rehabilitate that individual.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    This isn't a counter argument.
    Your mother isn’t a counter argument.

That is true. She makes a poor counter argument.

9. Well it looks like the Stormy thing will get Trump impeachmed. All hail, President Pence!

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    FUCKING SERIOUS PEOPLE, STOP READING AND BELIEVING/SERIOUSLY REPLYING TO ANY OF THE 4CHAN SHIT THAT DOC POSTS. IT'S ALL A TROLL, HE IS NOT MAKING AN ARGUMENT AND IF YOU AGREE WITH HIM YOU'RE ALMOST DEFINITELY WRONG.
    I Korian'ed his ass sometime long enough ago that I don't recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Tighter gun control isn’t THE solution, though, and that’s the problem. You can do many things, stricter control and harsher penalties (which I am sure Brazil does not enforce since many areas are completely lawless) is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Exactly. And again I say, people on both sides of the argument need to realize that there's a common point they both make: America is unique in this regard.

Liberals usually phrase it as, "This doesn't happen anywhere else."
    Conservatives usually phrase it with stats about our population/gun laws in various places.

But it's still the same point. There are pieces of action that can be taken, but nobody wants to acknowledge that they're talking about the same thing and find those actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Really, if we became diet Europe why would anyone live here?
    Why would anyone live here now? This country is pretty shitty and nobody wants to make it less shitty, least of all the people who claim they want to make it great again. Being able to own firearms doesn't change that.

These kids from Florida and whatnot are real nice to see but all the optimism and marching and calls to vote will fade, to be replaced by the jaded, "My vote doesn't matter anyway," mentality soon enough once the NRA pays their way to legislative inaction. It's what this country does best: Let its citizens down.

(EDIT: I'm operating on the assumption that you're asking what would make someone want to come here now. At the end of the day, America isn't great but it's better than X.)
    Last edited by Calliander; 26 Mar 2018 at 09:47 AM.