Page 686 of 968 FirstFirst ... 672682684685686687688690700 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,860 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Homosexuality is a belief based on hating reproduction, life, and nature.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. That's not fucking funny. Fuck off.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. All these curse words are triggering my anxiety and I feel attacked.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    How the hell is it hard to see a difference between a philosophy based on hate and designed to propogate toxic beliefs and things like being gay? I mean fucking seriously?
    But you're trying to sweep fascists under the rug with the gays and blacks of olde?

5. You can't legislate liking people.
    Let the "Nazis" hate whoever the fuck they want to hate. If/when someone acts on that hate, then you deal with them accordingly.
    Not letting someone express their point of view can be what leads to people blowing shit up and causing mass mayhem because it's the only way they feel they can be heard. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

6. There's no need to discuss anything with white supremacists/neo nazis/other alt right fascists because they don't enter a debate in good faith. Putting them on TV allows them to say the political equivalent of, "I think it's a good idea that Greedo shot first," and then wring their hands evilly while everyone debates it. Meanwhile, some people start thinking that maybe it WAS a good idea for Greedo to shoot first when IT OBSERVABLY WASN'T.

The level of discourse we should have with any of these populist fucks, no matter what they say, is: "Alright my dude."

I'm not sure if hate is so easily spawned from debate. Going from browns are OK to hating them isn't exactly like trying a new ice cream flavor.

Imo, it is caused by the opposite: propaganda targeted at the fear, feelings and ignorance of average and below average masses.

8. The vast majority of opinions and beliefs are wrong. Alex Jones is no more crazy or full of shit than the typical televangelist.

By targeting things that are hard to debate or those are bad at debate, or both.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'm not sure if hate is so easily spawned from debate.
    It's likely not a quick step but it's what is happening.

Imo, it is caused by the opposite: propaganda targeted at the fear, feelings and ignorance of average and below average masses.
    Oh definitely. It's WHY people are so susceptible to such nonsense.

EDIT: There was a period where I was like, "Yeah, bruh, that's a shit argument," and would debate with people. At some point, I realized it wasn't worth my time. Been circling the drain ever since.
    Last edited by Calliander; 10 Aug 2018 at 02:05 PM. Reason: POOP