Page 841 of 968 FirstFirst ... 827837839840841842843845855 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,410 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I keep saying, a certain percentage of people just want a king/pope/sheriff/daddy-whatthefuckever and can't operate if they aren't being given instructions from on-high.
    I just didn't realize that percent was like 85.

2. Religion has conditioned people to engage in make believe. I don't think it's a good way to live, but it works for them, I guess.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Although I never had any particular expectation that Trump would be removed by the Senate, I am really despairing at the extent to which almost nobody who supported Trump believes he did anything wrong.

It's like really an epistemic crisis. They just won't acknowledge reality, even when there's transcripts and testimony from hi own appointees and emails and call logs, they just say "There's no evidence." And if you ask "What about all this evidence" they say "Look it is just my opinion that there is no evidence."

I kind of feel like we as a species weren't designed to handle the information age and we're all just mentally retreating into whatever "truth" is emotionally comfortable and satisfying.
    Part of the problem is dishonesty in politics has reached such saturation, anything a politician says supporting their party or against the opposing party can not only not be trusted, but the saturation is so high it's not worth investing time in researching to find the truth buried in the shit. Henny Penny.

The whole situation has made me look back at the Clinton email scandal and how certain I was that it was important. It wasn't. Neither are. It's just politics.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

The Clinton email scandal was a mistake in branding. The Clinton camp thought it was better to ignore it than admit to young Democrat voters that Hilary was not hip and cool and was just as bad as the the old person at work that tells everyone what to do but cant get the pictures of their iphone. Hell, she is worse, because she cant work a true iphone.

In hindsight it would have been better to admit incompetence but they didnt want to brand her that way.

5. Trump has decided to pick this moment to raise questions about the procedural propriety of the warrants used to investigate Carter Page. I cannot fathom the lack of self awareness it takes for Trump to be taking a stand on proper procedure to initiate an investigation into a political candidate. This seems like a no-win fight.

6. I love how Trump is completely ignoring the fact that the IG report ultimately says that the FBI was completely justified in their investigation and (for the most part) adhered to protocol and is instead harping non-stop on the few instances where they departed from it. We now live in an era where facts don't matter anymore.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I love how Trump is completely ignoring the fact that the IG report ultimately says that the FBI was completely justified in their investigation and (for the most part) adhered to protocol and is instead harping non-stop on the few instances where they departed from it. We now live in an era where facts don't matter anymore.
    For Trump to be acknowledging that protocol exists/matters at all seems deeply counterproductive to his cause.

Like, if you want this thing to be Thunderdome you can't go crying to the ref that Master Blaster let the dwarf on his shoulders fill out his name on the paperwork.

8. On the same day the House unveils articles of impeachment against Orange Julius for the shit going down with Ukraine, the genius meets with Lavrov and posts this picture:

The WH then puts out a statement saying the orange dickhead "warned Russia against meddling in our elections," which Lavrov himself completely dismissed hours later, saying they never even discussed elections.

Watergate had deepthroat, but the one deepthroating here is Trump, on Putin's dick.

Also: Lavrov is there, while the Pres. of Ukraine still hasn't gotten his meeting.
    Last edited by Melf; 10 Dec 2019 at 09:29 PM.

9. Zelensky got his meeting where Trump basically stared daggers into his head while he tried to avoid answering a question about quid pro quo.

10. Lavrov looks like he just caught whiff of a wicked fart.