Page 531 of 968 FirstFirst ... 517527529530531532533535545 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,310 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. hmmm. I wonder which one willl report the other first.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    You really are a terrible human being.
    I’m sorry you feel that way. I try my best to be decent towards people unless they’ve given me cause not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I’m sorry you feel that way. I try my best to be decent towards people unless they’ve given me cause not to.
    Well, there's the part about dumping coal into the fucking ground water but hey Netflix for nearly eight months!

I got .3 less on my yearly raise.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Well, there's the part about dumping coal into the fucking ground water but hey Netflix for nearly eight months!
    That’s absolutely a problem. Soil and water are finite resources, and their pollution will end our species well before we even see drastic effects from climate change. Under the Obama administration, we saw the largest oil boom of our generation, as well as the BP Gulf Spill crisis. Meanwhile, limousine liberals were private jetting around the world, lecturing on the dangers of carbon emissions.

Now if you would kindly wean your people off the gospel of the carbon credit and back to actual conservationism, maybe something would get done about that polluted water. It would be nice if at least one party gave a shit. Absent that, and given my choice of one group of incompetents or another, I’ll take the one that lets me keep more of my money.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AL gore wasted jet fuel, better do nothing.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    AL gore wasted jet fuel, better do nothing.
    Not what I said. It’s about misplaced priorities. ARBM is right that soil and water are a priority. But taxing carbon has so much more revenue-generating potential for government, with the added bonus of establishing another avenue by which to exert control going forward. From the statist point of view, what’s not to love?

8. I’ve actually come around to carbon credits a bit more. They have problems (reallt poorly managed imo) but similar programs like fishery shares in the US have really helped the curb declining fish populations (if only Japan would take a clue).

I don't know, you felt the need to mention it. Maybe your points would be clearer if you didn't have to add unrelated snark digs.