Page 875 of 968 FirstFirst ... 861871873874875876877879889 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,750 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. CNN turning soon.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/25/polit...ing/index.html

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk

2. In fairness, after hearing the president say something that profoundly stupid in front of the world, I wanted to chug a bottle of clorox myself, for reasons wholly unrelated to coronavirus.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 25 Apr 2020 at 07:08 PM.

3. You have to admit, the last 3 seasons of the American Apprentice have been fire. You just turn on MSNBC and you get both Jersey Shore and Survivor!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    You have to admit, the last 3 seasons of the American Apprentice have been fire. You just turn on MSNBC and you get both Jersey Shore and Survivor!
    Can't wait for Abe Simpson gets Handsy While Lamenting The Price of Stamps.

5. I've been thinking about this for a bit. There's no circumstances under which I will vote for Donald Trump. Sanders last time. Sanders again.

And I understand that the current plan for the Democrats is to wheel Joe Biden out there and say I'm not Trump and so on.

But are any of you legitimately concerned about this man's mental state? He does not seem capable of staying on topic for any of the interviews I have seen.

This is a serious question.

6. I wanna hear more about Cornpop.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I've been thinking about this for a bit. There's no circumstances under which I will vote for Donald Trump. Sanders last time. Sanders again.

And I understand that the current plan for the Democrats is to wheel Joe Biden out there and say I'm not Trump and so on.

But are any of you legitimately concerned about this man's mental state? He does not seem capable of staying on topic for any of the interviews I have seen.

This is a serious question.

Both Trump and Biden seem to be in the early stages of dementia. Both Trump and Biden seem like they are probably rapists.There is no defending the fact that these are our choices.

If Trump were able to work with other people in the establishment and accept help to function, he might actually be able to do his job, but he is just not. He's in this constant state of paranoia and tantrum that has led to nothing but chaos.

Biden would probably be like Reagan, an elder establishment type who doesn't really do a lot of the work himself but doesn't get in the way. That is not a great situation, but it has to be better than this one.

8. Voting is not about the person, it’s about the team. And it’s not about our team winning as much as their team losing. If they lose, we win. There’s no I in team.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Spoken like a true SEC loving republican.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    That's far from the only reason.

BTW: Trump, obviously realizing that what he said about disinfectant was the dumbest shit ever, attempts a super-ineffective backpedal.

Trump: “When I was asking a sarcastic – a very sarcastic question – to the reporters in the room about disinfectant on the inside, but it does kill it, and it would kill it on the hands and that would make things much better. That was done in the form of a sarcastic question to a reporter.”

Reuters reporter Jeff Mason: “Just to clarify, you’re not encouraging Americans to inject disinfectant?”

Trump: “No. Of course not. Interior-wise, it was said sarcastically. It was put in the form of a question to a group of extraordinarily hostile people, namely the fake news media.”

Mason answered: “Some doctors felt you needed to clarify that after your comments.”

Trump said: “Of course, all they had to do was see just — you know the way it was asked. I was looking at you.”

Mason shot back: “No, you weren’t, sir. I wasn’t there yesterday.”
    Exactly no one bought this bullshit, even on the right. I mean my mom did, briefly, until I made her re-watch the clip, but even she saw through it then, and she's retarded.

Instead, the right's defense has focused on the media narrative that his comments were "dangerous" and "irresponsible" -- saying that Trump was asking them to look into it, not suggesting people try it.

And that's true, that narrative is kind of bullshit, but it's just because CNN can't just call him "stupid." And what's really shocking is the number of people I've heard say "Sure, it's stupid, but..." like it's okay to have a president who is just terminally stupid.

The other tactic is trying to connect his stupid bullshit to something adjacent in medical science like UV light therapy, or whatever. Which is NOT being considered as a fucking coronavirus treatment or a treatment for any viral infection. Basically trying to act like Trumpy Big Brain knows more about science than you, even though we watched him talk for minutes about how "disinfectants disinfect things" like it was some kind of scientific breakthrough and then, in real time, extrapolate how if it treats countertops maybe it could treat humans as well.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 27 Apr 2020 at 10:23 AM.