Page 466 of 968 FirstFirst ... 452462464465466467468470480 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. I agree with you. But it’s an outdated mindset. RGO adjectives must be used ad naseum to peacock your progressiveness to other members of society. It’s the modern day In God We Trust to prove you’re an American. “I’m a good person, look how aware I am!”

Don’t shit on buttcheeks, he’s just trying his best to operate in today’s world.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    RGO adjectives must be used ad naseum to peacock your progressiveness to other members of society. It’s the modern day In God We Trust to prove you’re an American. “I’m a good person, look how aware I am!”
    I'll have no part of this, and I'll continue to shit on anyone that does it.

3. Was it totally Trump's decision after all? Looks like a mega-donor to his campaign, Sheldon Adelson, had a lot of say in this. He is a supporter of Netanyahu, and might have expected a little something in return. What a bastard.

Hillary Clinton in 1999 said she would support a decision to move the embassy to Jerusalem. She had seen Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. How this would have played out on her watch instead of Trump's is a good question. I don't think her stance has changed.

While she'd still be better than Trump, I now have my doubts about her also. At first I was upset with the 3rd party candidates for costing her some votes. Now I actually think it'd be good to see a 3rd party or independent candidate become president. Castle/Bradley & McMullin/Finn look like they would've been good choices. Shame the USA voter base is narrow-minded and will mostly vote only red or blue.

Trump had taunted Rubio on Twitter, only to become Adelson's puppet himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump on Twitter

Sheldon Adelson is looking to give big dollars to Rubio because he feels he can mold him into his perfect little puppet. I agree!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 13, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I agree with you. But it’s an outdated mindset. RGO adjectives must be used ad naseum to peacock your progressiveness to other members of society. It’s the modern day In God We Trust to prove you’re an American. “I’m a good person, look how aware I am!”

Don’t shit on buttcheeks, he’s just trying his best to operate in today’s world.
    difference blindness is not a virtue.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude
    While she'd still be better than Trump, I now have my doubts about her also. At first I was upset with the 3rd party candidates for costing her some votes. Now I actually think it'd be good to see a 3rd party or independent candidate become president. Castle/Bradley & McMullin/Finn look like they would've been good choices. Shame the USA voter base is narrow-minded and will mostly vote only red or blue.
    The last election was the last best hope for a third party to emerge. If someone halfway competent stepped up to the plate against the reverse-Sophie's Choice that was Clinton-Trump, they'd have had a legitimate shot; Maybe not have won, but would have gotten enough of the pie that the concept of a third party winning suddenly couldn't be immediately laughed off as some outlandish joke scenario going forward. Instead we got the biggest dunderheads possible repping for that corner.

I bet Bernie's really kicking himself for going Dem instead of Independent. Any other election it would have been a valid play, but this election could have been the golden ticket for independents getting a foot in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude
    Was it totally Trump's decision after all? Looks like a mega-donor to his campaign, Sheldon Adelson, had a lot of say in this.
    It's pretty well-documented that Trump's opinions are easily influenced by the last person to butter him up.

Might be nice if Democrats could play the game and use that to their advantage a little better, but I understand where playing nice with Trump is just a skin-crawly proposition. And being on his side is almost certainly going to be a political cyanide pill at some point in the fairly near future, if it isn't already.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 09 Dec 2017 at 08:37 PM.

On the bright side, we now know the republican voter base isn't organized at all. They could have wrote someone in, or voted for Johnson.

Instead, they voted for a man that went against just about everything they claim to support.

Maybe half the country is actually Russian spies.

Russian facebook shit posting bots, more likely.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Was it totally Trump's decision after all? Looks like a mega-donor to his campaign, Sheldon Adelson, had a lot of say in this. He is a supporter of Netanyahu, and might have expected a little something in return. What a bastard.

Hillary Clinton in 1999 said she would support a decision to move the embassy to Jerusalem. She had seen Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. How this would have played out on her watch instead of Trump's is a good question. I don't think her stance has changed.

Trump had taunted Rubio on Twitter, only to become Adelson's puppet himself?
    You are such a well-meaning buffoon.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    The last election was the last best hope for a third party to emerge. If someone halfway competent stepped up to the plate against the reverse-Sophie's Choice that was Clinton-Trump, they'd have had a legitimate shot; Maybe not have won, but would have gotten enough of the pie that the concept of a third party winning suddenly couldn't be immediately laughed off as some outlandish joke scenario going forward. Instead we got the biggest dunderheads possible repping for that corner.

I bet Bernie's really kicking himself for going Dem instead of Independent. Any other election it would have been a valid play, but this election could have been the golden ticket for independents getting a foot in the door.

It's pretty well-documented that Trump's opinions are easily influenced by the last person to butter him up.

Might be nice if Democrats could play the game and use that to their advantage a little better, but I understand where playing nice with Trump is just a skin-crawly proposition. And being on his side is almost certainly going to be a political cyanide pill at some point in the fairly near future, if it isn't already.
    IMO, John Kasich also showed some promise. Should he have gotten nominated instead of Trump, he'd have my vote before Clinton. If it were a Kasich/Clinton/Sanders race, it would have been a tough call for me between K&S. Even though I usually vote Democrat (Obama was good), I really have no loyalty to any party.
    I think associating with Trump would be politically toxic already. Nah, no Democrat should even consider it. To go down with such a disgrace to our country would be a serious shame. Instead they should just stand united against him until the house of cards topples.