Page 457 of 968 FirstFirst ... 443453455456457458459461471 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. So apparently ABC's Brian Ross fucked up his initial story, and is now saying that Flynn is willing to testify that Trump asked him to contact Russians as president-elect, NOT as a candidate. Way to dash the hopes of millions, asshole.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I was thinking about that yesterday. Does visiting a state really matter? I've only ever been to rallies for candidates I've already decided I'm voting for. People at rallies are the choir. Nobody chooses a rally as their exploratory, "let's see what this Bernard Sanders is all about" medium. The in-the-trenches part of campaigning, knocking on doors, registration drives, etc., I absolutely accept as influential. But would HRC appearing in WI have changed literally a single vote?
    Yes because a huge proportion of these people are not “the choir” but middle of the road normal humans that think politicians are all idiots but still want to try and do their part for the greater good (TM).

It’s also kind of your only job.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    The left is going to overcorrect so hard in 2018-2020 we’re going to legalize mandatory bong hits for late term abortions or some shit
    Ha! I like this.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 02 Dec 2017 at 09:12 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    We have to pass the bill so we can find out what's in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

4. Well, the Republicans did have several months to be involved, but they were more interested in making the black man a one-term president.

5. Replace "Republican" with "Democrat" and "black" with "orange" and your sentence still works. Don't delude yourself that one side is measurably less or more shady in its dealings than the other.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. The orange guy that has had record turnover in the administration, hasn't filled positions for a lot of the rest, appointed judges with no experience to interpret law, people with no science background to head science departments, no education background to head education, and has basically used all his effort to tweet about bullshit that doesn't even concern him, like the NFL or Low Energy Joe?

Yeah, seems to be a bit of a difference...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    The orange guy that has had record turnover in the administration, hasn't filled positions for a lot of the rest, appointed judges with no experience to interpret law, people with no science background to head science departments, no education background to head education, and has basically used all his effort to tweet about bullshit that doesn't even concern him, like the NFL or Low Energy Joe?

Yeah, seems to be a bit of a difference...
    Not one of those things has fuckall to do with how a bill becomes a law, though. I was drawing a comparison between the passage of the ACA and the current tax relief bill. You responded with today's Two Minutes Hate.

8. That's because your comparison fails because Republicans had every bit of opportunity to work with people that were working in good faith. THAT is the difference. These dumbfuck Republicans are NOT. As evidenced by everything you see from EVERY official or spokesperson in the administration!

It's the same BOTH SIDES shit like in Charlottesville. Yeah you know what? I don't like Democrats either, but at least not all of them are shit stains on humanity.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 02 Dec 2017 at 10:48 AM.

9. You mean Republicans weren't chomping at the bit to expand the fed's role in health care, and Democrats aren't tripping over themselves to cut taxes? That's outrageous!