Page 458 of 968 FirstFirst ... 444454456457458459460462472 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. The tax bill RAISES taxes on the people that can't afford it! And simultaneously cuts programs for them!

2. That's a stunning conclusion to draw from a bill that nobody has supposedly had time to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. Lots of people haven't been given that opportunity. People have known high-level for a little bit of time.

The fine print and the handwritten amendments are pretty important too. Or do you think that fixes it?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    We have to pass the bill so we can find out what's in it.
    There were eight months between when the ACA emerged from committee and when it was finally voted on in the House. Was it rushed in a unprecedented way? Yes. But Obama held a bunch of town halls in between. 60 hours of debate. Over a hundred Republican-suggested amendments added. Democrats set a new precedent in 08-09, yes, but Republicans set a new one last night. Voting on shit nobody has read is the new norm now, I guess. Democracy.

And the Pelosi thing was a dumb thing to say, but there is context. She wasn't talking about withholding the bill's contents or voting on something nobody had seen, which is literally what happened last night.

“You’ve heard about the controversies, the process about the bill…but I don’t know if you’ve heard that it is legislation for the future – not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America,” she told the National Association of Counties annual legislative conference, which has drawn about 2,000 local officials to Washington. “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it – away from the fog of the controversy.”

To say that trump and oboma are the same at this point is just dishonest. So dishonest that it can barely be lumped in with whataboutism and moves into just lying.

And I say this as a 1980s style economic conservative. And a progunner.

We've all but elected the emperors horse. And no matter how you cut it and compare the emperor to the horses ass, the horse is still probably worse than any living human.

7. Trump this morning: Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI.

So timeline:
    Trump fires Flynn because he lied to FBI
    Trump tells Comey to stop investigating Flynn because he's a good guy
    Comey doesn't, and Trump fires Comey

we're done here, unless Trump can use Twitter's character limit as a defense...because that's obstruction and that's impeachorama
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 02 Dec 2017 at 12:48 PM.

8. I sincerely promise you it's not. It's an orama of another kind entirely.

9. impeachoBama

Last edited by Joust Williams; 02 Dec 2017 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I sincerely promise you it's not. It's an orama of another kind entirely.
    Its depressing that the right has fallen so far. That "thing" where the town covers for the high school football players when they get caught raping some girl or some sort of other serious crime has hit the presidency. They are going to stick with this guy because he is their star quarter back.

He can show his ass, break the law, go against everything they stand for, and just be a total buffoon, but they are going to stick with him because he is their star qb.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 03 Dec 2017 at 02:17 AM.