Page 734 of 968 FirstFirst ... 720730732733734735736738748 ... LastLast
Results 7,331 to 7,340 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Part of the problem imo. Your indifference is why so many women stay silent for 30s years. They don't think men will care enough to do anything.

2. What's more upsetting than people just don't believe her, it's that a bunch do and just don't care because omg babies we don't want to take care of once they're born.

3. But they don't. They are OK with leadership that aborts them because of actions with mistresses.

meh

It's racism, mostly.

4. Well, it's ok if oue guy does it as long as he works to overturn it for everyone else.
    Necessary evil, you understand.

And I'd arjue classism more than racism.

5. Leave arjue out of this!

6. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I honestly skipped reading this whole entire mess from the start. I just couldn't bring myself to care and at the end he still got voted in. The only thing I found stupid was the whole bringing of shit up 30 years later with nothing more then he said, she said bullshit. I never liked the listen and believe because there arn't anymore honest people out there to begin with.
    It was everything that is wrong with the cesspool of politics going on right now. I hate that someone with the history of Kavanaugh was in contention to be a judge, and how one could announce his arrival to a courtroom as "The Right Honorable Alleged Rapist Justice Kavanaugh presiding". I hate that the timing of the rape allegations was a clear political play (he's been a circuit court judge for years... that was just OK I guess?) making the victim look opportunistic and how much that set her up for potential injustice. It was transparent politics. I disliked the presumption of allegations being the only thing necessary for half the population to confirm guilt, and worry that this will risk future allegations of sexual assault victims being portrayed as a political event and not serious crime. I hate that a true and earnest investigation couldn't take place and how that gave a potential rapist access to the Supreme Court. And I despised the hearing that was designed, clearly designed, to be to be a Elephant v. Donkey theatrical circus with no real bearing on the outcome, and how emotional a testimony was enough for many to suspend process in their mind.

It was a situation whether either side winning was a shit outcome for everyone. The only sane outcome that upheld due process, but allowed law to maintain credibility would've been if Kavanaugh was confirmed and willfully stepped aside on sabbatical until the FBI conducted an exhaustive investigation. Good luck in this climate, though.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 07 Oct 2018 at 06:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. I was more concerned with his blatant partisanship, lack of judicial temperament, and lying under oath - all of which merit investigation based his own testimony - than the "he said/she said" stuff, which is concerning all on its own.

Simply put, the man had WAY too much baggage to be approved so quickly, but since Mirtle the Turtle and his Gang Of Predators want nothing but power, it was all ignored.

8. Sure, I agree with that. It's bullet point #1 as to what was wrong with the whole debacle.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Kavanaugh was nominated by a candidate who lost the popular vote by 3 million+ votes.

The 49 Senators who voted 'No' on Kavanaugh represent 181.8 million Americans.

The 51 Senators who voted 'Yes' represent 143.2 million.
    If it were popular vote instead of the Senate deciding this, Kavanaugh would've lost. IMO, Congress has too much power. It should be the people who vote on these matters in a November election, instead of that oligarchy. May Susan Collins lose her seat at re-election time, which is 2020. She is so lame. She believes Ford was raped, but also that Kavanaugh didn't do it. Whatever. He's most likely guilty. Conservatives & rich boys stick together.

10. remind me what party ted kennedy was a part of again?