Page 477 of 968 FirstFirst ... 463473475476477478479481491 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

meh. I'm fine with him being indifferent on guns and abortion. Most southern democrats are against the national democrat stance on one or both of those issues anyway.

On a side note, board democrats, would you give up on guns and abortion if it meant progress? I feel like those two issues are the linchpin for many rural Americans going demo. Especially white older women. They are just not going to give up on those unborn babies.

I feel like we're at the point that we need to put some of this shit on hold while we like, work on the economy and the environment before we destroy ourselves as an economic power or as a race of beings that can inhabit this earth.

When the space cockroaches find our chard remains, I don't want the explanation to be "well, they were really split on unborn babies....sooooo. you know...."

2. I don't care that much about guns. But here's the thing:

If I go to a restaurant and I really like it, but it doesn't make money, and they have to change everything I like about it to make money, then I'm not going to say, "Oh well, now they're making money, I am happy", nah I am out of there looking for a new restaurant.

If these bumblefucks from Alabama can't figure these things out, then they can go pound sand. The Republicans are the ones destroying every scientific agency in government now. Not Democrats. The Republicans are making a mockery of the judicial system right now. Not Democrats.

3. Worth it to say Merry Christmas again.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    See, this is more "both sides" shit. I mean, I don't like those crazy assclowns either, but it's getting annoying hearing the reason why racists are being more outwardly racist right now is because someone "talked down to someone"

These people need to act like adults. Get off the internet too because all this stuff people complain about...I live in Seattle and I don't even encounter it that often. It's the internet.
    I agree completely, it's both sides. It's just that I had to tailor my response since one side is overwhelmingly represented in this community. If this were a right-leaning forum, it would be the same message with a different delivery. But yeah, both sides are pretty boorish lately, and neither seems willing to learn that it's not very useful in winning hearts and minds.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I hope Senator-elect Doug Jones will do the right thing and truly represent Alabama by choosing to vote with the Senate Republican majority,” said Colorado GOP Sen. Cory Gardner, chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

Ahahhhhhhhhhahhhaahhaahah

Hahha hahaha

Haaaaaaaaa

Yes, please. Lecture the Democratic senator elect from Alabama about not putting party politics over doing "the right thing."

To be fair, Gardner said Moore should be expelled from the Senate if elected, but still.
    He will if he wants to win in 2020.

Much as he irritates his own party sometimes, Joe Manchin had figured out how to be a successful Democrat in a very conservative state. And that same formula is Jones' only realistic shot at hanging onto the seat for any meaningful amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. Agreed. Both sides rallied behind pedophiles so rich people could have their private jet storage and maintenance exempted from taxes.

6. Well that does sound like something a Clinton might do.

7. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Agreed. Both sides rallied behind pedophiles so rich people could have their private jet storage and maintenance exempted from taxes.
    something something jeffrey epstein something
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    something something jeffrey epstein something
    I must have missed Epstein's DNC funded run for Senate.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I don't care that much about guns. But here's the thing:

If I go to a restaurant and I really like it, but it doesn't make money, and they have to change everything I like about it to make money, then I'm not going to say, "Oh well, now they're making money, I am happy", nah I am out of there looking for a new restaurant.

If these bumblefucks from Alabama can't figure these things out, then they can go pound sand. The Republicans are the ones destroying every scientific agency in government now. Not Democrats. The Republicans are making a mockery of the judicial system right now. Not Democrats.
    Yes, but if you gave up those two issues, would they still have the support to do these things?

I don't imagine that people on each side are 100% this way or that way. I would think it would be easier to gain support after the single issue voters were removed.