Page 512 of 968 FirstFirst ... 498508510511512513514516526 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Yes, it may be a bit biased and have some conclusions that are not totally accurate, but I think it does show that these committees are not acting in good faith and the public needs to know this...and that also people have been doing very illegal things, and obstruction is being committed by many

Whether anyone does anything or not, well, that's a separate issue

"traitor" is the appropriate term to describe these people

2. Shitholegate in full force. It really seems to have energized the ol' racist base.

He says "Who wants people from shithole countries?" and everyone is obsessed with his choice of words or whether or not these countries are fucked up, and few seem to be processing that the real problem is that he says he's holding the people to account for their countries being "shitty," which is just boilerplate racist thinking.

3. I have no dout that his views and motivations are racist, but the people saying his choice of words is racist are a bunch of hacks. Calling a shithole a shithole is about the least offensive thing he's said lately.
    If he had said "People want to come here to escape the shitholes they were born in, and I want to give them every opportunity to do that legally" nobody would take issue with his choice of words.

4. Yeah, the substance of what he was saying was racist. The callous wording is not really the main issue.

5. I'm glad none of my outrageously outraged left-leaning friends have ever referred to a conservative state (particularly those in the South) as a shithole. Moral high ground and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. Yeah, I'm sure the difference is hard for your pea brain to perceive.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I'm glad none of my outrageously outraged left-leaning friends have ever referred to a conservative state (particularly those in the South) as a shithole. Moral high ground and whatnot.
    The south is a shithole. What of it?

8. Like Haiti?

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure the difference is hard for your pea brain to perceive.
    Yeah, Andrew, Trump is talking about non-white people, so any word he uses is racist.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I'm glad none of my outrageously outraged left-leaning friends have ever referred to a conservative state (particularly those in the South) as a shithole. Moral high ground and whatnot.
    I like how this post is immediately after Frogacuda pointing out that the shithole part is not the problem.

10. All my liberal buddies make legislative decisions discriminating solely on ethnicity or country of origin. Both sides.