Page 254 of 968 FirstFirst ... 240250252253254255256258268 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

As a child I would receive punishment if I explained my actions with "well, so and so did it first"

The punishment would often be worse than the punishment for the original misbehavior. .

I wish everyone's parents had such an aversion for passing the buck and scapegoating. It would be a better world.

Agreed. Then I wouldn't have to pay for their fucking health insurance.

I wish we didn't all subsidize your health insurance.

Back to Candy Land I see.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If they voted in favor of money, they would have found a way to lift the ban on direct contributions from corporations. The free speech support has been very consistent, whether it's campaign contributions, video games, or disgusting "art."
    From what I understand the superPAC problem in America was directly related to the misguided idea of banning direct campaign contributions. All it did was push them through private holdings. Unlikely someone who loves money would reinstitute it. It's essentially a silver bullet for compliance laws. That being said it was pro-government nanny state idealists who initially pushed it—so they really have no one to point fingers at here.

I really enjoy having basic healthcare in my country. I say this as a pretty well-off individual. It's generally just so much more convenient.

6. I mean if its shitty enough, just pushes us forwards to our inevitable single payer system.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

But yoshi doesn't want to pay for 5 year olds and 95 year olds to not die.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 25 Jun 2017 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Back to Candy Land I see.
    Is it? You work for a Corp right? Most corps take advantage of tax breaks. I would find it hard to beleive that your employer isnt. Like they aren't filing for the research and development tax break?

Yeah, our taxes subsidize your insurance and pay..

Do you understand what a tax break is? That's some seriously convoluted "logic."

10. The idea that taxpayers are subsidizing tax breaks implies the government is entitled to all of our money, they just let us keep some of it.

If the government decided to kill the deduction for employer-provided plans than the market would change in some way, but I don't think the end result would be that companies would just be paying more tax.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    A lot of the regulations that made the ACA so expensive are pretty good things--things worth ponying up for. I'd imagine even Yoshi and his hard silicon heart (it's actually an old Soundblaster™ card) opposes, say, the AHCA reinstating an insurance company's right to impose lifetime limits on payouts.
    The problem is that being expensive imposes its own burdens. I don't think, in the run-up to the ACA, we ever got a real discussion on this. Obama and the Dems painted it as essentially free, all upside.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 25 Jun 2017 at 12:31 PM.